Did you know there are many Health and Wellness resources available to faculty and staff working at One Hundred Oaks (OHO)? From health presentations to mindfulness, OHO employees are encouraged to take advantage of these great benefits to maintain or improve health! Below are some of the helpful resources that can help get you started and keep you going. Let's go OHO!
START! Physical Activity Program - Log activity or sync a device to track your activity and earn raffles for quarterly reward drawings.
OHO Walking Routes - Get your steps outdoors with these convenient walking routes!
Take the Stairs! - Two stairwells are accessible for those interested in an indoor or more vigorous aerobic option. View the available stairwells with this map. Stairwell 3 serves levels 1-3 and requires badge access to exit on level 3 with no exit on level 1. Stairwell 6 serves levels 2-7, and requires badge access for entry on level 2 with exits on each level. Additional stairwells at OHO are not accessible for patient privacy considerations.
Mindful Breaks - Health Plus comes to you for guided stretching and breathing breaks. Drop in to a session to feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
- View and follow along with a Mindful Break on video right now!
Online Workouts - Use these simple workouts to get active.
- View and follow along with an office-friendly, no-equipment, body weight workout now!
Health and Wellness Discounts - Looking for discounts on healthy activities, products, and services? Type "Health & Wellness" into the Search field to find discounted gym memberships, chiropractic care, air purifiers, and more!
Nutrition Corner - Health Plus comes to you with healthy food samples, practical recipes, and reliable nutrition information. Enjoy learning about good nutrition in a fun, come and go atmosphere!
TASTE - Eat delicious food, save money, and minimize your time in the kitchen with this ten week practice from June-September.
Know Your Numbers - Track blood pressure, weight, and body mass index.
Hold the Stuffing - Have a healthy holiday season with Hold the Stuffing! Maintain weight during the winter holiday season from November-January and earn rewards. See Know Your Numbers dates above for Hold the Stuffing weigh-ins. Additional on-site weigh-ins are available upon request.
Healthier You Presentations - Health Plus comes to you with lunch and learn presentations on health and wellness. To schedule, call 615-343-8777. Choose from the following topics:
- 5 Keys to Good Health
- Think about how living a healthy lifestyle can benefit you ten years down the line. Lisa Connor, RN, BSN, CDE, and Marissa Wertheimer, MS, RD, LDN, will share the latest facts about which daily behaviors affect future health outcomes. Come learn about the programs and resources available through Health Plus to support you in making healthier lifestyle changes. Take steps towards making healthy living a reality!
- Eating Out Made Easy
- Dining out can be a real challenge when you are trying to manage weight. Join Marissa Wertheimer, MS, RD, LDN, as she shares four strategies to help you overcome the challenges of eating healthfully when dining out. This session will leave you feeling confident in your ability to order off any menu while making selections you feel good about. All attendees will receive handouts to help guide food choices at chain restaurants.
- Cheers to a New Year!
- Are your favorite drinks jeopardizing your weight loss goals? From sodas, sports drinks, and energy drinks, to coffee, tea, and alcohol, you will learn all you ever wanted to know about calories, caffeine, sugar, and more! Join Marissa Wertheimer, MS, RDN, LDN, and raise your glass for a toast to the new year by making smarter beverage choices. All attendees will receive refreshing and delicious samples.
View past Healthier You Presentations.
Support Identified Health Needs
Diabetes Prevention Program - Proven to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. The focus is on developing skills to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress. Participants meet regularly in a digital group setting.
Control is the Goal - Blood pressure management program.
Tobacco Cessation Resources - Access resources including the Tool-Kit, Quit Rx, and Support.