Control is the Goal is a blood pressure management program offered twice yearly to Vanderbilt faculty and staff who have high blood pressure (hypertension) or are at high risk for developing high blood pressure.
Purpose: To promote and encourage healthy choices that can help with blood pressure control and to support regular blood pressure monitoring.
As a participant you will receive 6-weekly online modules to:
- TRACK: Report your weekly blood pressure reading using any of the following:
- TUNE IN: Build knowledge and skills with videos covering the following topics:
- Blood Pressure Basics
- Physical Activity
- Heart Healthy Eating
- Managing Weight
- Stress Management
- Blood Pressure Medication Considerations
- TRY IT
- Answer a question or take an action
- TELL US
- Quickly evaluate the module
- For each module that is completed during the program, you will automatically receive one raffle entry for a prize drawing.
Interested? Contact Health Plus to receive information on the next sessions offered.
f you are a healthcare provider interested in referring faculty/staff with hypertension or at risk for hypertension to Control is the Goal, you can use any of the following options:
- Vanderbilt providers use one of these options in eStar.
- Ambulatory Referral order "Ambulatory referral to Health Plus" or "REF407"
- In Basket message to: "P HEALTH PLUS CLINICAL"
- Non-Vanderbilt providers use this form.