Control is the Goal is a blood pressure management program available to Vanderbilt faculty and staff who have high blood pressure (hypertension) or are at high risk for developing high blood pressure. The purpose of Control is the Goal is to promote and encourage healthy choices that can help with blood pressure control and to support regular blood pressure monitoring.
The program is offered twice a year. As a participant you will:
- Build your knowledge and skills with six weekly online modules. These include a short video and downloadable resources.
- Get in the habit of monitoring your blood pressure by tracking your blood pressure weekly for six weeks using Health Plus' Know Your Numbers resources:
- Health Plus office, Room 127, near the entrance to Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center, 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Occupational Health Clinic, 640 Medical Arts Building, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Other locations across campus and off-site.
- Higi Self-Check Stations. Connect your Higi account and send measurements to Health Plus.
- Each time you have your blood pressure checked through Know Your Numbers during the program, you will automatically receive one raffle entry for a prize drawing.
- Registration for the Spring 2019 course has closed. Check back August 1 to enroll in the Fall 2019 course. -
If you are a healthcare provider interested in referring faculty/staff with hypertension or at risk for hypertension to Control is the Goal, you can use any of the following options:
- Vanderbilt providers use one of these options in eStar.
- Ambulatory Referral order "Ambulatory referral to Health Plus" or "REF407"
- In Basket message to: "P HEALTH PLUS CLINICAL"
- Non-Vanderbilt providers use this form.