Our Mission: Providing visionary health protection.
2020-21 Employee Influenza Campaign
Flu vaccine is expected to be available via the Occupational Health Clinic the week of September 7. Given the COVID-19 pandemic and need for ongoing physical distancing, the annual Flulapalooza tent event is being put on hold this year. However, we want to continue with the sense of community and fun that Flulapalooza is known for as we embark on this year's employee influenza campaign. Partnership, flexibility, and enthusiasm will be at the forefront as we move toward new locations, smaller departmental events, and a focus on the Peer Vaccination Program. Please see our Influenza mini-site for more details here.
2019-novel Coronavirus (COVID-19): Monitoring Guidance
Monitoring guidance for employees after travel or after coming in contact with someone with COVID-19:
We at Occupational Health have monitoring in place for those who have cared for a patient with COVID-19, who have traveled internationally, or otherwise come in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Learn more about the process and access the self-monitoring REDCap survey here.
Upload documenation of an outside positive COVID test result here.
Welcome to Vanderbilt!
Before your first day of work, we want to make sure you have all you need to maximize your productivity and well-being. We provide required health services to protect you at work, and services to promote health and build resilience.
Incoming VUMC staff may receive these services before their first day of work by attending ALL ABOARD. New faculty and housestaff receive these services during their orientation.
Learn more about ALL ABOARD , including ways to get compliant if you can't make an event.
Need an immunization or test for compliance? OHC provides many convenient options for Vanderbilt faculty and staff.
To get your compliance services either:
- Drop by The Occupational Health Clinic at Suite 640 in the Medical Arts Building between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.. No appointment needed for current employees.
- Visit one of our many convenient OHC Comes To You events.
Send information to OHC using these fast and easy electronic tools.
- TB Skin Testing: Learn more or if you are a designated tester order supplies.
- Easy Reader: Learn more or log in to enter a TB skin test result.
- Immunization Exemption Request: Individuals may request an exemption through this HR site. However, for everything but influenza please TALK with an OHC nurse first! Often we can help find an alternative to vaccination.
- Animal Allergy: Learn more about occupational animal allergies, or complete the allergy survey.
- Offsite Clinic Immunizations: Learn more about vaccines besides flu that can be given by offsite clinics, or document vaccines given.
- Compliance Reports: Need to know how to access to compliance reports? Visit our Verifying Compliance page for all the info.