Our Mission: Providing visionary health protection.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Information
For vaccine information, including locations, submitting documentation from vaccinations received outside of Occupational Health, and requesting an exemption – see our Vaccine Information Page.
REMEMBER: Deadline for employee vaccination (or approved exemption) compliance is September 30, 2021. To ensure full vaccination compliance by the deadline, employees need to have first doses by the following dates:
- Pfizer – Dose 1 needed by September 9th. Pfizer is a 2-shot series, 3 weeks apart.
- Moderna – Dose 1 needed by September 2nd. Moderna is a 2-shot series, 4 weeks apart.
- J&J – Needed by September 30th. J&J is 1 shot only. **PLEASE NOTE: Per the State, all J&J vaccine available in TN expires by 9/21/21, so if J&J vaccine is desired and you wish to get it in TN, you must get it before it expires on 9/21/21.
Pfizer vaccine is being given at the main campus Occupational Health Clinic.
All other OHC COVID-19 information including exposure, testing, monitoring, and vaccine Information:
Answers to common COVID-19 vaccine, exposure, testing and monitoring questions for faculty and staff of Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Vanderbilt University. Click here to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccine Questions?
Call the COVID-19 hotline at 888-312-0847. Nursing staff are available daily 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. to answer questions related to the vaccine, including side effects. Click here for a list of COVID-19 vaccine FAQs.
Welcome to Vanderbilt!
Before your first day of work, we want to make sure you have all you need to maximize your productivity and well-being. We provide required health services to protect you at work, and services to promote health and build resilience.
Incoming VUMC staff may receive these services before their first day of work by attending ALL ABOARD. New faculty and housestaff receive these services during their orientation.
Learn more about ALL ABOARD , including ways to get compliant if you can't make an event.
Need an immunization or test for compliance? OHC provides many convenient options for Vanderbilt faculty and staff.
To get your compliance services either:
- Drop by The Occupational Health Clinic at Suite 640 in the Medical Arts Building between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.. No appointment needed for current employees.
- Visit one of our many convenient OHC Comes To You events.
Send information to OHC using these fast and easy electronic tools.
- TB Skin Testing: Learn more or if you are a designated tester order supplies.
- Easy Reader: Learn more or log in to enter a TB skin test result.
- Immunization Exemption Request: Individuals may request an exemption through this HR site. However, for everything except influenza or COVID-19, please TALK with an OHC nurse first! Often we can help find an alternative to vaccination.
- Animal Allergy: Learn more about occupational animal allergies, or complete the allergy survey.
- Offsite Clinic Immunizations: Learn more about vaccines besides flu that can be given by offsite clinics, or document vaccines given.
- Compliance Reports: Need to know how to access to compliance reports? Visit our Verifying Compliance page for all the info.