Faculty/Staff Express Care is provided by the Occupational Health Clinic as a benefit for Vanderbilt faculty and staff. A Vanderbilt ID is required.
We treat minor acute illnesses on a daily walk-in basis. Faculty/Staff Express Care is open weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Faculty/Staff Express Care is closed on the days Vanderbilt observes the following holidays (i.e. if the holiday falls on a weekend, the closure may be the Friday before or Monday after the actual holiday):
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
You can schedule a same day or next day appointment at the Faculty/Staff Express Care clinic three different ways:
- Self-scheduling kiosk located in the clinic lobby. If you chose to use the kiosk, there may be a wait depending on the number of people already signed in. You can select any available walk-in appointment from the kiosk. You may wait in the lobby, or return to work until your selected time. Only same day appointments are available at the kiosk.
- Online scheduling
- All Vanderbilt employees can use the Faculty/Staff Health & Wellness Information Portal (HWIP). Once you log in using your VUNetID and password, click "Schedule an Appointment" to get started. For an optimal scheduling experience, use a Chrome, Safari, or Firefox web browser when using HWIP.
- For Vanderbilt employees who have both a My Health at Vanderbilt account and a Vanderbilt health insurance plan, you can use the My Health at Vanderbilt patient portal to schedule with OHC. Once you log in, click "Schedule an Appointment" and get started.
- By calling 615-936-0955 and selecting option two for appointments.
We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. You may also print and complete the Intake form to save you time in the clinic. If you need to sign the annual Consent form, it will be available on the kiosk when you sign in.
This service is not a substitute for a Primary Care Provider (PCP). We encourage all Vanderbilt employees to have their own primary care provider to provide preventive and ongoing care. To find a Primary Care Provider, call 615-936-3300, or sign up for My Health at Vanderbilt (MHAV) and request a PCP through the MHAV portal.
We do not charge employees for seeing the Nurse Practitioners who provide the care at this clinic. However, any external services that we order (such as lab tests or X-rays) will be charged to your insurance.