SCRIPS offers fully-funded mentored research opportunities for medical students pursuing interventional specialties. Mentoring of SCRIPS scholars will be facilitated by an Academy of Career Mentors, comprised of active MD basic research surgeons/physician-scientists, and an external advisory board consisting of surgeon/procedural-physician leaders in basic and translational research from across the country. The program also offers a Spring Symposium and quarterly scientific and professional development events aimed at creating relationships between scholars and with Academy members.
- Medical students pursuing surgery or interventional/procedure-based specialties (see Academy of Mentors page for examples of eligible subspecialties.)
- Willing to commit to full year of research
- Lab experience must be in basic/translational research
- Project mentor must be faculty at Vanderbilt (University or Medical Center) or Meharry
Contact email@example.com if you are unsure if you meet these criteria.
- Generous stipend
- Health insurance
- Allowance for travel to present at regional/national meeting
- Participation in quarterly scientific/professional development events
- Spring Research Symposium
- Mentoring from prestigious internal and external Physician Scientists
- The application window begins in mid-November
- Applications are due February 1 annually
- The program start date is July 1