Vanderbilt University Medical Center has launched the Discovery Lecture Series featuring the world's most eminent scientists, who will speak on the highest-impact research and policy issues in science and medicine today. In light of COVID-19, we will be conducting the Discovery Lecture Series via webinar to ensure the health and safety of all participants. All lectures, unless otherwise indicated, start at 4:00 p.m. Please register here in order to receive the webinar instructions.
Donald Berwick, MD, MPP
- President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
April 15, 2021 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Biomedical Informatics
Richard Tsien, PhD
- Chair, Department of Neuroscience and Physiology
- Director, Neuroscience Institute
- Druckenmiller Professor of Neuroscience
- Professor, Department of Neurology
April 8, 2021 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt Brain Institute
Christine Cassel, MD
- Presidential Chair, University of California, San Francisco
March 25, 2021 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Health Policy
David DeMets, PhD
- Max Halperin Emeritus Professor of Biostatistics, University of Wisconsin - Madison
March 18, 2021 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Department of Biostatistics
Mukesh Jain, MD
- Professor, Department of Medicine and Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western University
March 11, 2021 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt Medical Scientist Training Program
Juanita Merchant, MD, PhD
- Chief, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Professor of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine
February 25, 2021 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt SCRIPS: Supporting Careers in Research for Interventional Physicians and Surgeons
Michael Rosen, PhD
- Mar Nell and F. Andrew Bell Distinguished Chair in Biochemistry
- Chair, Department of Biophysics
January 14, 2021 | 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Center for Structural Biology