VUMC has acquired a limited Institutional License for BioRender. This exciting tool allows users to create professional, high-quality graphics that can be used to enhance research manuscripts, presentations, websites, and more.
The VUMC license has up to 100 user seats for VUMC researchers (PIs, Staff Scientists, Postdocs, Grad Students, etc.) At this time all spots have been filled.
To request to be added to the waitlist for a user seat on the Institutional License please fill out the REDCap form. Note, this license is for researchers in VUMC labs only, VU employees are unfortunately not eligible at this time.
Note: Distribution of licenses may be limited.
How does BioRender work?
The BioRender team of medical illustrators has created a library of over 40,000 different icons from 30+ life science fields that enables scientists, regardless of their artistic ability, to create beautiful, professional, repeatable graphics in just a couple of minutes!
The intuitive drag-and-drop functionality helps researchers create scientific diagrams up to 50x faster than PowerPoint or Illustrator!
As part of the VUMC Institutional License you will have access to:
- Dedicated design support from scientific and medical illustrators
- Custom branded icons
- Onboarding seminars and webinars
Icons & Templates
- Over 40,000 icons in library
- Icons from neuroscience, immunology, microbiology, and 30+ life science fields
- Main icon categories:
- The BioRender team will create new custom icons in as little as 48 hours
- Access to 100s of customizable templates from expert science designers
Reprinted from "Single-Cell Sequencing", by BioRender.com (2022). Retrieved from https://app.biorender.com/biorender-templates
- Export your figures to JPG, PNG, or PDF for presentations, publication, web or print
Editable & Customizable
- Drag-and-drop functionality makes creating scientific diagrams faster
- Change or update your figures as needed
- Optimized pre-set colors based on scientific conventions
Secure, team-based collaboration
- Store illustrations in BioRender secure web-based applications
- Share illustrations with your lab, team, or organization
- Add or remove team members as needed
- Secure, web-based portal that auto-saves work as you create
Lab & Team Meetings
Social Media Content
Onboarding & Training Materials
Please email Katelyn Poole (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
*Figures created with BioRender.com