Immunization and TB Compliance
The health and safety of our Vanderbilt community is our highest priority. Therefore, all incoming students are required to submit immunization records and tuberculosis (TB) information in order to register for classes prior to coming to Vanderbilt. These records must contain state-mandated vaccinations administered at proper intervals and the completion of a TB screening survey. The Compliance Requirements Table below gives an overview of what is required for each student based on their degree plan.
2024 Compliance Requirements for Registration (Click here for more detail)
|Hepatitis B||Tdap||TB Survey||TB Testing||COVID-19
|Undergraduate||X||X||X||X||only if app.|
|Graduate||X||X||X||only if app.|
|School of Medicine||X||X||X
Now that I know what is required, what is the next step?
For your convenience, we accept our Student Health Center Forms (below) that specify requirements for your enrollment type and require a healthcare provider to complete. Our forms include demographic, emergency contact, and vaccine information to be recorded in your VUMC medical record in advance of arrival on campus.
- Undergraduate Form
- Graduate/Professional Student Form
- Nursing Student Form (all VUSN programs)- submit to both Student Health -AND- VUSN Admitted Students Portal
- School of Medicine Clinical Student Form (Hearing & Speech Programs-AuD, MS-SLP, MDE; Masters of Genetic Counseling- MGC; Masters of Imaging Science- MIS; Medical Programs- MD, MSTP; Medical Physics Programs- DMP, MSMP)
- School of Medicine Nonclinical Student Form (Programs include MPH)
-OR- You may submit existing immunizations documents that you might already have, as long as the requirements are met. Examples of official documents below include the following:
- State/County Immunization Documents
- Signed/stamped/certified Medical Records (including childhood immunization records and/or lab reports)
- Yellow Book / Immunization Cards from your country of origin (must be in English)
- Copies of CDC cards for COVID-19 Documentation (for continuity of care)
Follow the "New Student Checklist for Incoming Students" to submit your records to the Student Health Center as soon as possible. Reminder, you must meet state requirements in order to register for classes at Vanderbilt University.