Immunization and TB Compliance
The health and safety of our Vanderbilt community is our highest priority. Therefore, all incoming students are required to submit immunization records and tuberculosis (TB) information in order to register for classes prior to coming to Vanderbilt. These records must contain university and state-mandated vaccinations administered at proper intervals and the completion of a TB screening survey and possible tuberculosis testing. The Requirements Table below gives an overview of what is required for each student based on their degree plan.
Spring 2022 Compliance Requirements Table (Click here for more detail)
|Type of Student||COVID-19 Vaccine||MMR Vaccine||Varicella Vaccine||Men.
|Hepatitis B Vaccine||Tdap Vaccine||TB Survey||TB Testing|
|Undergraduate||VU||S||S||S||S||S if app.|
|Graduate||VU||S||S||S||S if app.|
|Nursing||VU||CB, S||CB, S||CB, S||CB, S||CB, S|
S = Submit documentation to Student Health Center for State Requirements & Vanderbilt University Medical Center medical record.
VU = Submit documentation to the University Vaccine Tracker Submission Form (All students may also submit to Student Health if student wants COVID vaccine to be part of VUMC Medical Record for continuity of care).
CB = Submit documentation to VU School of Nursing CastleBranch portal in addition to the Student Health Portal. Castle Branch instructions provided on the VUSN Admitted Students webpage, by the student's entry type. Select the New Student Compliance Requirements drop-down.
The Student Health Center will accept a variety of documentation that meets the requirements above including:
- Student Health Center/VUMC Undergraduate Form or Graduate/Professional Student Form. Our forms are PREFERRED because these forms include options to submit Demographic information, Emergency Contact information, and Health History Information in advance of arrival on campus.
- State/County Immunization Documents
- Signed/stamped/certified Medical Records (including immunization records and/or lab reports)
- Yellow Book / Immunization Cards from your country of origin (must be in English)
- Copies of CDC cards for COVID-19 Documentation
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs must also complete an online Tuberculosis Assessment Survey as noted in the table above. After taking the survey, each student will get a response page to upload to the Student Health Portal. The response page must be uploaded along with the immunization documentation for full compliance
For information about religious or medical exemptions, please review our FAQ page.