All incoming students are required to submit immunization records and TB screening information in order to register for classes prior to coming to Vanderbilt. These records must contain university and state-mandated vaccinations administered at proper intervals. Our forms include sections to list your emergency contacts, immunization history, TB screening and health history information.
Please select the appropriate Immunization Requirements Form for your type of enrollment, print, and follow the New Student Checklist:
- Undergraduate Immunization Requirements Form
- Graduate Immunization Requirements Form (includes Graduate programs for Engineering, Graduate School, Law, Owen, Peabody, other Masters/PhD Programs, Medical Programs MPH, MSCI, MLI, MSACI)
- Medical School Immunization Requirements Form (Medical, Hearing and Speech, Medical Physics, Masters of Genetic Counseling). This form includes TB screening.
- School of Nursing Requirements Form (coming soon)
1. Submit to Student Health by following the New Student Checklist (on the right).
2. Submit to School of Nursing by following instructions under New Student Requirements on the VUSN Admitted Students Page.
If you are unable to have a provider complete our form (for example- you don't have a provider or are unable to get an appointment by our deadline), copies of other acceptable immunization documents that you may submit include:
- Official State/County Immunization Documents
- Official signed or certified Medical Records (including immunizations and/or titers)
- Yellow Book / Immunization Cards from your country of origin (must be in English)
However, if your survey indicates TB screening is required, you will need to visit a provider.
Waivers from immunization requirements are only allowed for documented personal/religious reasons or medical reasons. These waiver requests must be approved by the University before a student is allowed to register for classes. This waiver process is a collaborative effort between the Student Health Center and Student Access Services Department at Vanderbilt. This evaluation can take 3-4 weeks to complete. Submit an initial letter of request, supporting documentation, along with the immunization requirements form that pertains to you (completed by your provider) to Dr. Jonna Whitman at the Student Health Center, via the Vanderbilt Student Health Portal or fax at 615-343-0047. You will then be contacted by a staff member.