All incoming students are required to submit immunization records in order to register for classes prior to coming to Vanderbilt. These immunization records must contain university and state-mandated vaccinations administered at proper intervals.
We recommend that students have their providers complete our Immunization Requirements Form (below) because it lists university and state-mandated vaccinations required for registration, as well as other recommended vaccinations in your best health. Our form also contains important demographic, emergency contact and health history information that allows the staff at the Student Health Center to better serve your needs at your first visit when you are on campus.
Please select the appropriate Immunization Requirements Form for your type of enrollment, print, and follow the New Student Checklist:
- Undergraduate Immunization Requirements Form
- Graduate Immunization Requirements Form (includes Graduate programs for Engineering, Graduate School, Law, Owen, Peabody, other Masters/PhD Programs, Medical Programs MPH, MSCI, MLI, MSACI)
- Medical School Immunization Requirements Form (Medical, Hearing and Speech, Medical Physics, Masters of Genetic Counseling)
- School of Nursing (SON) compliance required prior to registration to both Student Health and VUSN:
1. Submit state-mandated immunizations using Student Health's Immunization History Form for SON students or upload other acceptable documents (listed below) by following the New Student Checklist on the right.
2. Review the SON, New Student Requirements on the Admitted Students Page for your entry type. Information with links to complete the background check and submit required immunizations and certifications are on the New Student Requirements Checklist for your entry level. Completion of the VUSN Health Questionnaire is REQUIRED.
If you are unable to have a provider complete our form (for example- you don't have a provider or are unable to get an appointment by our deadline), copies of other acceptable immunization documents that you may submit include:
- Official State/County Immunization Documents
- Official signed or certified Medical Records (including immunizations and/or titers)
- Yellow Book / Immunization Cards from your country of origin (must be in English)
Waivers from immunization requirements are only allowed for documented personal/religious reasons or medical reasons. These waiver requests must be approved by the University before a student is allowed to register for classes. This waiver process is a collaborative effort between the Student Health Center and Student Access Services Department at Vanderbilt. This evaluation can take 3-4 weeks to complete. Submit an initial letter of request, supporting documentation, along with the immunization requirements form that pertains to you (completed by your provider) to Dr. Jonna Whitman at the Student Health Center, via the Vanderbilt Student Health Portal or fax at 615-343-0047. You will then be contacted by a staff member.