COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Categories:
- All students are eligible for a primary series of COVID vaccination-- this may be anywhere between 2 and 3 shots, depending on your health status.
- Students who are more than 2 months past a J&J COVID primary series are eligible for a 1st COVID booster shot. A 2nd COVID booster shot is approved at least 4 months after 1st booster.
- Students who are more than 5 months past Moderna or Pfizer primary series are eligible for a COVID booster shot.
- If you have an immunocompromising medical condition OR are over the age of 50, please reach out to your medical provider to discuss the timing of your COVID boosters as you might have different recommendations.
COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling:
1. Student Health: Student Health is currently offering the Pfizer COVID vaccine.
a. Vaccines will be available by appointment only on Thursdays.
b. To initiate the scheduling process, call 615-322-2427 or message
your Student Health Provider through My Health at Vanderbilt.
2. VUMC: VUMC is currently offering the Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J vaccines.
a. Vaccines can be scheduled via the My Health at Vanderbilt (MHAV) account
b. Vaccines can be scheduled by visiting https://www.vumc.org/coronavirus/GetVaccines.
3. Vaccines in the Community: COVID-19 vaccines are also available in the community
to students. Information on appointments can be found on the Tennessee Department of Health
and Metro Health Department websites, or at local retail chain websites such as CVS.
If you don't have an account in My Health at Vanderbilt, our online patient portal, it's easy to start one. You can find instructions and a simple video tutorial here.
COVID Vaccination Documentation:
Use the My Health At Vanderbilt App on your mobile device and always have access to your COVID vaccine record and test results. More places, such as restaurants, concert venues and sports arenas, are requiring proof of vaccines or test results- use these new features to easily share them when you want.
Instead of carrying your vaccine card around, the My Health at Vanderbilt app lets you create a QR code to share your vaccine or test result information. You an even transfer this information to another app, such as a digital health wallet.
To use these features, update your mobile app to version 9.8 in the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can find these features in the "COVID-19" section of the app.