MEDICAL and NURSING STUDENTS--
Please click HERE if you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the clinical setting or in the community. The Vanderbilt contact tracing team will work with you to assess any necessary restrictions on your work at VUMC clinics/hospitals or participation in research or classroom activities. The FAQs for the contact tracing team may help answer any additional questions you may have. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please seek care at the Student Health Center. No appointment is needed. If the Student Health Center is closed, testing and evaluation is available at the Vanderbilt Walk-In Clinics.
UNDERGRADUATE & GRADUATE STUDENTS--
The management of COVID-19 for Vanderbilt students is divided into two tracks:
Student Health provides testing for sick students with COVID-19 symptoms---no asymptomatic testing is done at Student Health.
- Students will be evaluated on a walk-in basis (no appointment needed) and the follow-up instructions and care will be provided by Student Health, whether the testing result is negative or positive.
- Testing is available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- After hours, if you need evaluation for COVID-19 you may call the VUMC COVID-19 hotline at (888) 312-0847 for information about after-hours assessment site availability. This number is answered seven days a week, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Central Time. The Student Health on-call provider can also be reached for urgent matters after-hours at 615-322-2427.
- Students who are very ill after-hours with shortness of breath or difficulty breathing should proceed to the Emergency Department.
Vanderbilt University's School of Nursing manages a campus asymptomatic testing program and coordinates all contact tracing efforts for both asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID positive students.
- If you are notified that you are a close contact to COVID-19, and are not already working with Student Health after a clinical evaluation, you must call the VU Return to Campus Helpline at 615-322-4357 so you can be connected to the VU Contact Tracing team or you can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you have questions about the contact tracing process or the asymptomatic campus testing program you should contact the VU Return to Campus Helpline at 615-322-4357 or email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Testing Resources in the Nashville community
Please visit the Assessment Site page of the Tennessee Department of Health website. You should call in advance to the site that you choose to discuss testing availability, any associated costs, hours, etc.