Any student who is ill and needs testing:
- The Student Health Center is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. for COVID testing of ill students. No asymptomatic testing is done at Student Health.
- Saturday hours at Student Health are also available on the follow dates from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. for walk-in COVID testing for ill students: September 4, 11, 18 and 25.
- After hours options:
a. Testing and clinical evaluation by a provider is available at the Vanderbilt Walk-In Clinics.
b. Testing only (no clinical evaluation by a provider) is available at the Vanderbilt 100 Oaks Clinic for mildly ill students (such as slightly scratchy throat or runny nose).
i. Hours: 7 days a week, 8 a.m. until 4:15 p.m.
ii. Address: 719 Thompson Lane-- Entrance D
c. The Student Health on-call triage line can be reached at 615-322-2427
d. Any student with emergencies such as difficulty breathing or chest pain should seek care at the Vanderbilt Medical Center Emergency Department.
MEDICAL and NURSING STUDENTS--
Please click HERE if you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the clinical setting or in the community. The Vanderbilt contact tracing team will work with you to assess any necessary restrictions on your work at VUMC clinics/hospitals or participation in research or classroom activities. The FAQs for the contact tracing team may help answer any additional questions you may have.
ASYMPTOMATIC UNDERGRADUATE & GRADUATE STUDENTS--
Vanderbilt University's School of Nursing manages a campus asymptomatic testing program and coordinates all contact tracing efforts for both asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID positive students.
- If you are notified that you are a close contact to COVID-19, and are not already working with Student Health after a clinical evaluation, you must call the VU Return to Campus Helpline at 615-322-4357 so you can be connected to the VU Contact Tracing team or you can also email them at email@example.com .
- if you have questions about the contact tracing process or the asymptomatic campus testing program you should contact the VU Return to Campus Helpline at 615-322-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like more information about the University's asymptomatic testing program, please refer to the Vanderbilt University COVID-19 Testing FAQs.
COVID-19 Testing Resources in the Nashville community
Please visit the Assessment Site page of the Tennessee Department of Health website. You should call in advance to the site that you choose to discuss testing availability, any associated costs, hours, etc.