Immunization and TB Compliance
All incoming students are required to submit immunization records and tuberculosis (TB) information in order to register for classes prior to coming to Vanderbilt. These records must contain university and state-mandated vaccinations administered at proper intervals and the completion of a TB screening survey and possible testing. Our forms also include sections to list your demographic information including emergency contacts, and health history information that may be useful on your first visit to Student Health. Recommended due dates are listed on the forms.
Select the appropriate form for your type of enrollment, print it out, and follow the New Student Checklist on this page:
- Undergraduate Immunization Form with TB Pre-Screening Requirements
- Graduate Immunization Form with TB Pre-Screening Requirements
(includes Graduate programs for Engineering, Graduate School, Law, Owen, Peabody, other Masters/PhD Programs, Medical Programs MPH, MSCI, MLI, MSACI)
- School of Medicine Clinical Student Immunization & TB Testing Form
(includes Medical, MSTP, Medical Physics, Masters of Genetic Counseling, Hearing & Speech)
Submit to Student Health by following the New Student Checklist with the exception of the TB Screening Survey. Current TB testing is required for all incoming medical students and date specification are included in our form.
- School of Nursing Immunization & TB Testing Form
1. Submit to Student Health by following the New Student Checklist with the exception of the TB Screening Survey. Current TB testing is required for all incoming nursing students and date specifications are included in our form.
2. Submit to School of Nursing by following instructions under New Student Requirements on the VUSN Admitted Students Page.
Note: If you are unable to have a provider complete our form above (for example- you don't have a provider or are unable to get an appointment by our deadline), copies of other accepted documents that you may submit instead include:
- State/County Immunization Documents (that contain the required immunizations)
- Signed/stamped/certified Medical Records (including required immunizations and/or lab reports)
- Yellow Book / Immunization Cards from your country of origin (must be in English & contain required immunizations)
Important COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
Vanderbilt University has made the decision that the COVID-19 vaccine WILL be required for all students for the 2021-2022 academic year. Student Health is a separate system from Vanderbilt University, so you will still need to upload your vaccine information to VU for their tracking purposes EVEN if you have submitted it to Student Health already. You can find more information on how to upload this to VU at https://www.vanderbilt.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/ under the section "Submit Your Vaccination Record".