Our mission is to train a diverse group of physicians who:
- provide compassionate, quality mental health care for persons of all ages and ethnic groups;
- have the capacity to evaluate new research findings, incorporate them into current clinical practices as appropriate, and communicate them to others;
- possess skills necessary for lifelong learning;
- abide by the highest ethical and professional standards.
- The psychiatry training programs at Vanderbilt greatly value diversity. Our program seeks to foster an environment that is inclusive and supportive of racial, ethnic, religious and cultural diversity; disabilities; and gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
- Our vision is to train leaders of psychiatry who generate and implement new knowledge in the service of a more personalized care of the person who experiences mental illness.