Welcome! We are glad you are joining the Vanderbilt University Medical Center community. You will receive a Welcome Email with instructions to access a task list which provides detailed instructions on what to do to begin employment at VUMC. The majority of Welcome Packets, which includes your contract, will be mailed out mid to late April to the permanent address listed on each new resident/fellow's application (unless you requested we use a different address).
New Resident Orientation for incoming residents will be Thursday-Monday, June 24, 25, and 28, 2021.
New Fellow Orientation for July-starting incoming fellows will be on Thursday, July 1, 2021.
New Fellow Orientation for August-starting incoming fellows will be on Friday, July 30, 2021.
The pages linked below contain information on what to do to get ready to begin your life and career in Nashville as well as some other helpful information.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance benefits go into effect on your start date. At Orientation, Benefits Administration staff will present options, answer questions, and provide instructions for enrolling.
- House Staff Benefits Outline
- Benefits Overview
Family and Significant Others
Medical License in TN and DEA Number
- GME handles paperwork for your license exemption.
- You do not need to apply for a TN Medical License unless you are planning on moonlighting.
- The Vanderbilt institutional DEA and your identifying suffix will auto-populate in RxStar (electronic prescribing system) and can be viewed in the House Staff Portal after your start date.
- More information about License Exemption and DEA numbers
- About Nashville
- Getting Established in Nashville
- Newcomer's Guide to Nashville - Vanderbilt House Staff Alliance guide to Nashville
Payroll Direct Deposit
- Set up in C2HR following your start date