Mobile Phone Setup and General Use
- New User Device Activation - https://pegasus.vumc.org/ViewKnowledge.aspx?id=14693
- Required for MHB/MH-Cure: Submit request for access to the MHB application or to update phone, pager, or title information
- Please make sure you have a pass-code on your device at all times and do not share your password
- Please keep your phone iOS updated
- If your VUMC ID expires, the phone will reset, and all data/apps will be removed.
- if you lose your device, please contact VUPD and the VUMC IT Helpdesk immediately.
- While you are on campus, the device is automatically configured to connect to the VUMC Device wireless network called "mobile 5". Please do not change the campus wifi. It is okay to connect to your home Wifi or other Wifi network when off campus
- Microsoft Teams is the preferred communication method for internal communication. MHB is the preferred tool for clinical communication.
- Acceptable use policy applies for the mobile devices - https://vanderbilt.policytech.com/dotNet/documents/?docid=11860
- Personal phones are still eligible to e-discovery.
- MFA - Ensure you are not enrolled in SMS tokens for MFA. SMS tokens are not allowed to ePrescribe in eStar -
- VPN - Enterprise Cybersecurity offers a Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution through F5/BIG-IP Edge to meet the remote access needs of all Medical Center team members. https://www.vumc.org/enterprisecybersecurity/vpn
Application Usage and Resources
- Do Not Call Registry - Sign up for the FTC Do Not Call Registry (Optional) - https://www.donotcall.gov/
- Hubble tip sheets are available through your phone by clicking on the Hubble icons (clinical apps and processes)
- Communication tools
- Clinical apps
- Office - https://www.vumc.org/it/microsoft-365-apps
- Import Outlook contacts into iOS Contacts
On iOS, Outlook provides a one-way push of contact information from Outlook to your phone. All newly added contacts and changes should be made in the Outlook app, and these changes can be exported to your built-in Contacts app and email service.
- To save your contacts to the local app on iOS (including Caller ID), navigate to your account within Settings and tap Save Contacts.
- Note, you should avoid making edits in the Contacts app. Edits made in the Contacts app will not sync back to Outlook or your email service, and will be overwritten the next time Outlook syncs to the Contacts app.
For more detailed instructions, including steps for Android: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-for-ios-and-android-faq-65a01e26-e3c2-4067-bd05-0db6220e5c34#bkmk_savecontacts
- Add and update email accounts - https://www.vumc.org/it/add-and-update-email-accounts-your-computer-and-mobile-device
- Please backup your important documents to OneDrive or Box from your phone.
- Manually Backup - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manually-upload-files-or-photos-to-onedrive-in-ios-fddb9917-2379-45ba-85e3-9e4ec46821dc
- Setup Automatically Backup - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manually-upload-files-or-photos-to-onedrive-in-ios-fddb9917-2379-45ba-85e3-9e4ec46821dc
- General consumer-available Cloud Computing Services are not authorized and against policy for sensitive data and shall not be used to store VUMC Confidential Information. Reference Policy
- Information about MFA - https://www.vumc.org/enterprisecybersecurity/mfa
- Information about MDM - https://www.vumc.org/enterprisecybersecurity/workspace-one-mobile-device-management
- Apple IOS training https://support.apple.com/iphone
- Apple cleaning and disinfecting guidance - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207123
- PDI screen wipes
- Purple top screen wipes
How to get help:
- For technical issues contact VUMC IT help desk through 615-343-Help or open a Pegasus ticket
- For non-technical issues, please contact GME office by emailing GME.firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 615-322-4916