Our GME Mission is to support and develop trainees who will, upon completion of their training at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC), provide exemplary patient care, model inspiring leadership, honor their personal priorities, and sustain lifelong learning in their chosen specialty and position.
We will achieve this by:
- Creating and implementing competency-based educational programs that support personal development for trainees;
- Recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse group of trainees in an inclusive environment who will provide culturally competent care to the populations they serve;
- Supporting faculty role models who exemplify professionalism as they provide supervision and guidance while actively developing autonomy in trainees;
- Adhering to evidence-based, data-driven clinical learning and operational systems that are measured and defined by ongoing quality improvement practices which prioritize patient safety, and;
- Partnering with patients in learning as we identify and respond to local and regional needs.
To say that being a house officer is a challenging experience is an understatement. Our staff is dedicated to making your residency tenure a bit less overwhelming by providing assistance however possible. We provide administrative support to our 1,000+ house officers and at one time or another during your residency at VUMC, you will probably have contact with each of us. Therefore, a brief introduction to our staff will let you know who to contact for specific requests.
In addition, we offer instruction and support to the Program Directors and Coordinators of our various training programs.
Please do feel free to contact us for assistance at 615-322-4916 or firstname.lastname@example.org.