These forms and instructions are in alphabetical order. If you have any suggestions, let the GME Office know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Coordinators, you will find the Program Coordinator Manual to be a helpful reference.
- Information for Applicants
- For information regarding house staff candidates who interview at VUMC, go to Interviewees for Residency/Fellowship Positions, below.
Elective Away Rotations
Exit Info for House Staff
- Please direct any questions about exit information to Lisa King at email@example.com
House Staff Agreement/Contract
- Sample House Staff Agreement (This is a sample only; the original will come directly from the GME Office to the resident.)
House Staff Manual (Policies and Instructions)
- Internal Review page (contains policies, process, documents, and timeline)
International Medical Graduates (IMGs) in House Staff Programs
- ECFMG | Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Process Presentation
- ECFMG Website
- IMGs at Vanderbilt - Types of visas, registering your IMG with the Vanderbilt Office of International Services and International Tax, GME process for visas
Interviewees for Residency/Fellowship Positions
- All interviewees must receive a benefits summary - Available here
- All interviewees must receive a sample contract - Available here
Liability/Malpractice Request for Fellows
Leave for House Staff (medical, parental, military)
- House Staff Leave of Absence Instructions and Request form
- Leave Utilization Form
- Return to Work Authorization (to be completed by health care provider)
- New Hire PAF
- Payroll Correction Form
- For more information about payroll processing for house staff see the Program Coordinator Manual
Program Letters of Agreement (PLA)
- These were formerly called Memorandums of Understanding - Now PLAs
- The PLA addresses GME responsibilities between an individual accredited program and a site other than the sponsoring institution at which residents receive a required or elective part of their education. (more details in the Program Coordinators' Manual)
- Letter of Agreement template
- A copy of each of these documents is required to be distributed to all recruits.
- Benefits Outline
- Sample House Staff Contract (a.k.a. House Staff Agreement)
- BLS/ACLS/PLS must be renewed every two years until residents are beyond their PGY-3 year.
- More in the Coordinators' Manual.
- They can sign up for a course here.
- Located in the house staff manual under non-renewal/non-promotion
- VUMC GME Policy on Resident Transfers: Located in the HS Manual
- Evaluation for Resident Transfer
- Consent for Release of Information Transfer