Moonlighting is practicing medicine for pay outside the requirements of the training program.
- Internal moonlighting hours must be counted into the 80-hour ACGME guidelines.
- A separate form must be completed for each moonlighting experience at each location.
- Performance will be monitored for the effect of this activity, and adverse effects on residency performance may lead to rescinding the agreement.
- Please remember J-1 Visa sponsorship and military support for residency and fellowship prohibit moonlighting. Restrictions may apply for other visa types or contracts. Please verify with your visa sponsor or contract source.
- Form for Internal Moonlighting - Vanderbilt University Hospital, Monroe Carell Jr. Childrens Hospital at Vanderbilt, Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital or Vanderbilt outpatient clinics
- Form for External (Non-Vanderbilt) Moonlighting - Please note: external moonlighting must be entered in duty hours as well.