Updating Personal Information

There are various entities with whom you must update your information. The instructions to do this are below.

Within Vanderbilt

GME Office

  • Name change: Bring a copy of your new Social Security card to the GME Office in 303 Light Hall. We will make a copy to put in your file, and change your name in our database.
  • New secondary degree: Bring a copy of your transcript to the GME Office in 303 Light Hall. We will keep a copy in your file and update out database.
  • Other updates: Go to the House Staff Portal (https://gme.app.vumc.org/Portal/) and enter your updated information by clicking "Update Personal Info" and entering your new address, phone number, etc.

HR Office

There are several options to update HR information.

  • You can update your address and deposit information online at C2HR. Alternately, you can fill out this Personal Information Change form and return to HR. With this form, you can update your name, marriage status, or military status. To turn in this form:
    • Mail form to: Vanderbilt HR Processing, PMB #407718, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, TN 37235-7718
    • Hand-Deliver form to: HR Processing, 975 Baker Building, Nashville, TN 37203
  • Family Status Change - For marriage, divorce, birth, and other qualifying events, you will need to submit a Family Status Change request, likely along with several other steps related to benefits, tax withholding, etc.. Make changes here: My VUMC Benefits. Select your qualifying event for a list of HR-related steps to complete.

PeopleFinder (the Vanderbilt online directory)

  • Log in to PeopleFinder at https://peoplefinder.app.vumc.org/, and select "Personal Update" at the left.
  • You should not have GME Office contact information. If you are currently a house officer, list your coordinator or department information.
  • If you list your pager number, make sure it is correct.
  • You may need to change your position to reflect the correct status.
  • If you are listed in the wrong department, look up the department you are now in, and contact the Directory Responsible Person and request that you be listed there (DRP info can be found in the beige box under the department information).


To change Email Address (if you get married and change your name, don't want your middle initial, etc.)

  • Please create a Pegasus request using the following link: https://pegasus.vumc.org/request/start/3530/?s=
    • End-user Full Name - Current Name
    • End-user Current Email Address - Current Email Address
    • Resource Manager Medical Center ID (VUNet ID) - House staff VUnet ID
    • New Display Name - New Name
    • New Primary Email Address - requested email
    • New Primary Email Address (2nd Choice) - second choice for email

ID Badge

  • Name change: update your name with the GME Office and HR as above first. Let GME know that you need a new badge, then you can go to the Medical ID Card Office (Medical Center North D-2107) to have a new badge created.
  • New credential: update your new degree with the GME Office as above first. Let GME know that you need a new badge, then you can go to the Medical ID Card Office (Medical Center North D-2107) to have a new badge created.
  • Program change: go to the Medical ID Card Office (Medical Center North D-2107) to have a new badge created on or after your start date in the new program. They should have your new information already, but if not, let GME know.
  • Becoming faculty: ask your department about getting your faculty ID badge.

International House Staff (house staff with immigration visas)

House Staff Alumni

  • VUconnect - When you complete training at Vanderbilt, be sure to log into VUconnect and update your record and set up your alumni email address.

Outside of Vanderbilt

  • NPPES (the NPI Registry) - Update legal name, practice contact information, specialty as needed. If you don't remember your login information, you may have it in whatever e-mail account you were using as an incoming intern, or you can use the "Forgot UserID or Password" links on the NPPES home page.
  • PECOS (CMS/Medicare Enrollment) - If you are enrolled in Medicare in any capacity, update personal and practice/licensure information as needed. If updating a name, change the name in NPPES before changing in PECOS.
  • Other places to update personal information which may apply to you:
    • professional board
    • licensing board
    • DEA
    • AMA, other professional associations