House Staff Pager Information
- The GME office provides complimentary pager batteries.
- If you forget your pager at home, GME can lend you a pager for the day. Just stop by the GME Office in 209 Light Hall between 8am and 4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
- Communicate pager malfunctions to the Satellink Office in D-2103 Medical Center North over the phone (615-322-6477) or by emailing Shelley Moore. Hours are 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
- If you are having a problem that cannot be solved by the Satellink Office, communicate this to your program coordinator. She/He will know what to do.
- You will be charged half of the cost of a replacement pager should you lose you pager.
- Residents, when you check out of your residency program, return your pager to your program coordinator. As of January 10, 2014, you will not be able to keep the same pager if you are continuing at Vanderbilt in another program or as faculty.
- Page by phone using the entire 10-digit pager number
- Page by email by sending the message to email@example.com.
Pager Updates in Synergy
- Go to the person's profile in Synergy
- To update your own pager in Synergy, click “My Profile” at the top left menu on the Synergy home page
- To update someone else’s pager in Synergy, click “Find a Person”, enter the name, and search. Click on the name in the results list
- Click the pencil icon beside the existing pager to edit/update it, or
- Change the number and click Save
- If you’re updating your own pager, it’ll send a verification code to your pager before you can save
- Click the “Add a new contact entry” to add a new pager
- Be sure to correct the correct device type: almost always “Satellink/American Messaging Pager” if a true pager device
- Click Save Pager
Program Coordinators, please refer to the Program Coordinator Manual for pager assignment and acquisition information.