Elective Away Rotations requests may be made by House Staff as part of the educational training program. Program Director and GME approval required - please see details below.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 615-322-4916
- Please note time frame for Elective Away Rotation requests:
- Domestic rotation requests require >=4 months prior to start date
- International rotation requests require >=7 months prior to start date
- Exception possible if current long-term standing Contract/Program Letter of Agreement (PLA) in place. Please check with your Coordinator to determine if applicable.
- House Staff enters requests in the GME - Away Rotation Management System (ARMS). Must be on VUMC employee network (or connected via VPN) to access ARMS. ARMS automatically notifies Program Director (PD) and Coordinator of request. PD will indicate approval via ARMS. ARMS will generate email status updates to House Staff, Program Director, and Coordinator during approval process.
- All international travel must be booked through Concur or with Vanderbilt University Medical Center's designated travel agency, World Travel. If flights are not booked through Concur or through World Travel, they will not be reimbursed. To be reimbursed, all international travel requirements must be followed including submission and approval prior to travel of your Export Compliance International Travel Questionnaire see https://www.vumc.org/globalsupport/international-travel. For VUMC Global Support Travel information see https://www.vumc.org/globalsupport/travel-safety-and-security.
- Please do not purchase flights or incur expense related to the away rotation request before GME has approved the request in ARMS. Once PD approves request, Coordinator, GME, and Office of Contracts Management (OCM) will work toward a fully signed Contract and PLA which are required for the rotation. GME approval in ARMS will occur once those items are fully executed.
- As soon as PD has approved an Elective Away Rotation Request, please create a PEER Record to initiate a contract. Detailed instructions can be found at Program Coordinator Manual.