Sub-Internship Program Details
• Applications accepted through VSAS/VSLO each Spring for M4 students applying to Neurosurgery
• 4-week rotations in July, August and September
Each student will spend four weeks rotating through the four different neurosurgical services to gain a broad exposure to the field. Students will take part in the care of inpatients, the workup of consults, and the technical aspects of a variety of bedside and operative procedures. They will also attend several outpatient clinics and take overnight call with the junior resident on a Q4 schedule. Students will participate in career development sessions designed to prepare them for the residency application process and will give several short presentations to the clinical teams and the department throughout the rotation.
NOTE: Completion of a Visiting Sub-I is not required to match in our program. Many of our current residents did not complete a visiting elective rotation with us. Although we will give your application every consideration, completion of a visiting Sub-I does not automatically lead to an interview.
A completed application to our Neurosurgery Residency Program will consist of the following items:
• ERAS application by October 15 (including CV and photo)
• Personal Statement
• USMLE Transcript Part 1
• 3 Letters of Recommendation (Standardized format only)
• ECFMG Certification (Foreign Medical Graduates only)
Salary and benefit information can be found on the GME website under the Links for Applicants
Phone: (615) 343-2452