2023-2024 Interview Details
Interviews will be held in-person on the following dates, by invitation only. Invitations will be released on Fridays in October.
- Friday, November 3, 2023
- Tuesday, November 28, 2023
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023
A completed application to our Neurosurgery Residency Program will consist of the following items:
- ERAS complete application by October 15 (including CV and photo)
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Part 1 Pass (Part 2 is highly suggested but not mandatory)
- 3-4 Letters of Recommendation
- One Standardized from home program
- Two Standardized from away programs
- One free form letter (research mentor, etc. is optional)
- ECFMG Certification (Foreign Medical Graduates only)
Salary and benefit information can be found on the GME website under the Links for Applicants
Phone: (615) 343-2452
Sub-Internship Program Details
- Applications accepted through VSAS/VSLO each Spring for M4 students applying to Neurosurgery
- 4-week rotations in July, August and September
Each student will spend four weeks rotating through the four different neurosurgical services to gain a broad exposure to the field. Students will take part in the care of inpatients, the workup of consults, and the technical aspects of a variety of bedside and operative procedures. They will also attend several outpatient clinics and take overnight call with the junior resident on a Q4 schedule. Students will participate in career development sessions designed to prepare them for the residency application process and will give several short presentations to the clinical teams and the department throughout the rotation.
NOTE: Completion of a Visiting Sub-I is not required to match in our program. Many of our current residents did not complete a visiting elective rotation with us. Although we will give your application every consideration, completion of a visiting Sub-I does not automatically lead to an interview.