Eight Department of Radiology faculty were recently named among the Best Doctors in America. The list, announced every two years by Best Doctors, Inc., identifies physician leaders from various specialties who have been selected by peers across the United States for placement on the list.
Radiology faculty named to the 2017-2018 list include:
- Daniel Brown, M.D., Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences and Interventional Oncology Section Chief
- Jeffrey Carr, M.D., Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
- Jeffrey Creasy, M.D., Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences and Neuroradiology Section Chief
- Lori Deitte, M.D., Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
- Dominique Delbeke, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
- Steven Meranze, M.D., Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Former Radiology faculty Drs. Bill Martin and Ronald Walker were also included.
“This accomplishment exemplifies the outstanding work and dedication our faculty have to improving patient care and advancing the role of radiology in health care,” said Reed Omary, M.D., M.S., Carol D. and Henry P. Pendergrass Professor and Chair, Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences. “I congratulate them on being recognized by Best Doctors, and thank them for all they do to ensure our patients receive the best care possible.”
The Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) Reporter reported that of the 437 Nashville-area physicians included on the list, 243 of them practice at VUMC.
VUMC Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Chief Health Systems Officer Wright Pinson, MBA, M.D., told the Reporter that patients receive the very best because of the the talent, dedication and compassion Vanderbilt physicians provide.
Top (L to R): Drs. Daniel Brown, Jeffrey Carr, Jeffrey Creasy, Lori Deitte
Bottom (L to R): Drs. Dominique Delbeke, Steven Meranze, Bill Martin and Ronald Walker