The Office of Biomedical Research Education and Training (BRET)
Check out research funding information for students and postdocs on the BRET office website. Information is available for training grant support, internal funding, and grant writing help.
Corporate and Foundation Relations
The VUMC Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations can assist faculty in finding funding through its network of private, non-federal funding sources. The Foundation Relations team works closely with Vanderbilt faculty members to identify funding opportunities that coincide with the research objectives of the investigator. Faculty may schedule an appointment to meet the Corporate Relations team to discuss their areas of research and identify a potential corporate partner.
Corporate & Foundation Relations
Vanderbilt University Medical Center Development
3322 West End Avenue, Suite 900
Nashville, TN 37203
GrantForward is now available at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Vanderbilt University Medical Center now has an institution-wide subscription to GrantForward, a searchable database of grant opportunities from over 12,500 sponsors.
- Access GrantForward at www.GrantForward.com or from VUMC’s Corporate and Foundation Relations Office website at www.VanderbiltHealth.org/cfr.
- To use full search features, including saved-search and personalized grant recommendations, sign up for a user account using your @vumc.org email address. (Link to demo).
- Take a few minutes to create your “Researcher Profile” (see quick demo) to start receiving grant recommendations.
- For more info, watch this overview webinar or refer to the Researcher Welcome Guide. You can also find additional tutorials, videos and guides on GrantForward's support page.
- Questions? Contact VUMC’s Corporate and Foundation Relations team or email@example.com for assistance.
Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
The Office of Sponsored Program's website dedicates an entire section to locating potential sponsors for research.
See the "Related Information" links (to the right) for information and instructions for the grant opportunity categories list. Categories include NIH, NSF, Limited Submission Opportunities, Internal Funding Opportunities, and Community of Science and more.
You may also contact the Office of Sponsored Programs with questions or assistance with any potential funding opportunities.
Office of Sponsored Programs
Office of Research
The Office of Research also provides a funding resource section on their website that includes both internal and external funding opportunities, and other help grant-related information.
For direct links to the Office of Research's list of funding resources, click on the links below:
Limited Submission Opportunities: May include Keck Foundation, Pew Scholars, Beckman Young, Burroughs Welcome and more. Opportunities updated regularly.
Internal Funding at Vanderbilt: Includes Chancellor Faculty Fellows, Trans-Institutional (TIPs), Vanderbilt Initiative Awards (ViA), and more. Opportunities are updated regularly. VUnet ID login required.
Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
VICTR offers pilot funding for research that includes human components. For eligibility, research projects must have some component that includes the use of human tissue, human information (e.g. medical records), and/or have application to human health. Restrictions may apply as awarded funds may only be applied to those expenses directly involving human application.