Professional Advancement Ladder (PAL)
To promote, support, recognize and reward employees who grow within their professional roles as defined within the context of the VUMC culture and their profession.
- To empower staff to take ownership of their professional development.
- To afford staff opportunities for increased participation and leadership within the VUMC Diagnostic Laboratories by setting explicit criteria for promotion.
- To offer a model for professional staff to utilize at all stages of career development.
- To establish consistent expectations for professional staff across programs in the Medical Center.
- To recognize and reward laboratory professionals for excellence in clinical practice and customer service.
- To create career growth and opportunities for laboratory professionals.
- Increase employee satisfaction and retention and decrease turnover within the lab.
- Increase employee morale and engagement.
- Decrease operational costs by improving inefficiencies and enhance quality of services.
- Improve patient satisfaction.