The American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) and U.S. Department of Labor identified 16 basic skills needed for success in the workplace.
Work/Life Connections-EAP can provide individual coaching or departmental training in several of the 16 skills needed to enhance workplace performance (in bold).
- Foundation Skill: Learning how to learn
- Reading Competence
- Writing Competence
- Computation (mathematics) Competence
- Communication - Listening (interpersonal skill)
- Communication - Oral (verbalize thoughts) (interpersonal skill)
- Adaptability: Creative Thinking (and conceptualize)
- Adaptability: Problem Solving (and organization)
- Personal Management: Self Esteem and Self Care
- Personal Management: Goal Setting/Motivation
- Personal Management: Personal/Career Development
- Group Effectiveness: Interpersonal Skills
- Group Effectiveness: Negotiation (resolve conflict)
- Group Effectiveness: Teamwork
- Influence: Organizational Effectiveness
- Influence: Leadership (and shared leadership)
If you are interested in skill development training in any of these or other areas, please call 615-936-1327 to discuss how WLC-EAP may assist you or your department.