Get Active in April with Health Plus! Participate in these activities to get moving in the month of April and WIN BIG!
National Walking Day - Wednesday, April 6
Join Health Plus in celebrating National Walking Day on April 6!
- Visit the National Walking Day Fair in the Light Hall north lobby from 11am-1pm. Attendees can participate in Know Your Numbers, receive information on Health Plus physical activity programming, and receive a choice of Water Bottle, Fitness Towel, or Fanny Pack while supplies last!
- 2 On-site Walks will be lead across the Vanderbilt campus, beginning and ending on the Medical Center Plaza outside of Eskind Biomedical Library. Walks will begin at approximately 11:30am and 12:30pm.
Active in April Step Challenge
Compete with colleagues or just have fun recording your steps for a chance to win great prizes. The more steps you accumulate, the more prize drawing entries you receive!
Here’s how it works:
- Register beginning March 21
- Record daily steps April 1-30
- digitally with MyCap or
- logging manually with a document provided by Health Plus
- You are entered for Prize Drawings for number of steps recorded:
- 1 entry for 100,000 steps (~3,500 steps daily average)
- 2 entries for 150,000 steps
- 3 entries for 200,000 steps
- 4 entries for 250,000 steps (~9,000 steps daily average)
- Win one of 20 $25 eGift cards!
- Deadline to log your steps digitally with MyCap, or manually submit your log is May 6. Logs can be attached and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Plus Pacers
Health Plus Pacers is a new Vanderbilt community walking & running club! Participate in a weekly Health Plus onsite walk or run with colleagues, or digitally document your personal walk or run for the week to help foster a culture of physical activity.
Participating onsite or submitting your weekly activity 10 times earns a Health Plus Pacers t-shirt! Get going now!
Vandy Walks: Annuals and Perennials in Bloom
Lead by Laura Barker, Horticultural Specialist for Vanderbilt University Grounds
Thursday, April 28, 12-1pm
Meet at Rand Hall Terrace