Have you ever wished you could turn off your thoughts for a moment? Our minds can easily become cluttered and inundated with information. Taking a mindfulness microbreak is one method of turning off the high alert switch in your mind and feeling a moment of peace. Let's look at how you can take a mindful break during the day.
- Utilize WLC-EAP's mindfulness exercises for a 5-minute pause from stress.
- Participate in one of the virtual Health Plus Mindful Stretch Breaks.
- Get up and move your body. Take a walk around your neighborhood or office building. On weekends, consider walking around a park.
- Do some four-by-four deep breathing. Inhale through your nose for a count of four, hold your breath for a count of four, exhale through your mouth for a count of four, and then repeat it four times.
- Look at photos that bring you joy, such as family, friends, vacations, or visions of nature.
Finding a moment of peace in a busy schedule is hard, but you only takes carving out 5 minutes to reset your mind.
If you are struggling with your mental well-being, call 615-936-1327 to schedule a confidential appointment with one of our EAP Counselors.