Getting a new phone or tablet? Follow These Steps to Re-connect to VUMC.
The Outlook app is the only method available to receive VUMC email on a mobile device.
Programs and Platforms requiring Microsoft Authenticator MFA
- Microsoft Office
- Outlook Email on your phone
If you are unable to login to https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info to enroll the Microsoft authenticator app:
Submit a Pegasus general purpose ticket to VEC Security to get your Microsoft Authenticator Account reset.
sample --- Please direct this to VEC Security. I got a new phone and I am unable to login to the https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info to enroll Microsoft Authenticator App. I need to get my Microsoft Authenticator Account reset. ---
How to Enroll MobilePASS+ MFA
If you get a new phone you will have to submit this Pegasus ticket to get a QR code to activate MobilePASS+
VUMC MFA Configuration Assistant at https://mymfa.app.vumc.org.
Programs and Platforms requiring MobilePASS+ MFA
- Changing E-Password
Outlook is only method available to receive email on a mobile device.
Why? VUMC IT explains that here: https://www.vumc.org/it/microsoft-mobile
Here are the instructions from VUMC IT:
If you need assistance with installing and configuring Outlook on your phone or tablet,
please schedule a time to stop by our office with your device.
Enterprise Cybersecurity is launching a new Virtual Private Network service for the Medical Center to replace the current service offered through Pulse Secure. This new service, F5/BIG-IP Edge, will be available for all Vanderbilt University Medical Center VUMCID holders.
>> DOWNLOAD STEPS
- Ensure that you have administrative rights on your laptop or home computer.
- Enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication before you install the new VPN client.
- Install the Big-IP Edge VPN client.
>> DOWNLOAD, INSTALL AND CONNECT NOW
How do I use Multi-Factor Authentication with the Virtual Private Network?
- The Multi-Factor Authentication application will send you a code each time you sign in to the Virtual Private Network using the MobilePass App
- Ensure that you are enrolled in (MFA) Multi-Factor Authentication using the Mobilepass app before trying to sign in to the Virtual Private Network.
To install go to VUMC Apps in the Company Portal app on your phone and install MH-Cure Silver
If MH-CURE Silver is not visible in the Company Portal then you are not yet an approved user.
Please complete this Mobile Heartbeat Access Request to get access https://pegasus.vumc.org/request/discover/info/?id=9748
iOS - Select VUMCEmployee (not VUMCEmployee setup) , Login with your VuNetID and Password
Android - Android WiFi Setup Instructions
For google pixel phone Android 11 WiFi is asking for the domain
Identity: vanderbilt\Vunet ID
Password: user password
- Remove old VUMCEmployeesetup profile.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles
- Remove VUMC Secure Network Profile
- Go to WiFi, Select VUMCEmployee (not VUMCEmployee setup) , Login with your VuNetID and Password
The new process for setting up WiFi on a MAC AWS is as follows:
- Connect the WiFi icon to VUMCEmployeeSetup
- Open Safari to start the setup process
- Check "I accept the terms of the End-User License Agreement"
- Click "Start"
- Perform step one on the next screen "Install the network profile" (This will cause the system to download the configuration file).
*** If the configuration file does not download use the Safari browser to go to the following IP address (10.251.0.1). This will restart the WiFi setup process perform steps 3-5 again.
- Once the configuration file has been downloaded a popup will prompt you to enter your credentials.
- Upon successful acceptance of your credentials you should now be able to connect to VUMCEmployee using your vunetID and Password.
On your home system or home laptop, go to https://portal.office.com to download and install Office 365 and the Skype for Business app. Login with your VUMC email address, VUMC ID and Password.
Lightweight versions of the Office apps are available right there. Just click an app icon to start using the app in your browser.
And if you don't already have the desktop versions of the Office apps installed, select Install Office near the top right of the window.
- Change your VUMC password
- You must have (MFA) Multi-factor Authentication with MobilePass
Visit https://identityiq.app.vumc.org/identityiq login to the system using your VUMC ID and current password, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Forgot your VUMC Password
Click on Access VUMC - Existing Users > Forgot Password
You must have (MFA) Multi-factor Authentication with MobilePass
Forgot your password Instructions
Click here to open a Pegasus request for the Vanderbilt Staff Access to eStar.
Click here to open a Pegasus request for the Vanderbilt Contractor Access to eStar.
Click here to open a Pegasus request for the Vanderbilt Student Access to eStar.
Click here to open a Pegasus request for the eStar HealthIT Application/Builder Workgroups.
Click here to open a Pegasus request for the eStar Security Change Request Management.
Click here to open a Pegasus request to add a new user to Mobile Heartbeat.
Click here to open a Pegasus request to add a new user to Sectra.
Click here to open a Pegasus request to add a new user to OnBase.
Click here to Research related access requests. You will need to complete the survey to determine access level and training needs. The Clinical Research Fiscal Support Services team will submit your access needs to the eStar Security Team.