Daniel B. Brown, MD, FSIR has been nominated for a 3-year term on the Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) Executive Council as Director of Post-Graduate Education. Selection was made by the SIR Foundation Board Nominating Committee and approved by the SIR Foundation Board in November. In this role, he will have several responsibilities:
- Overseeing development of Maintenance of Certification materials for SIR members, based on ongoing assessment of member needs. This includes the multiple satellite meetings SIR hosts including courses on peripheral arterial disease, interventional oncology and stroke management.
- Increasing the number and variety of self-assessment continuing medical education (SA-CME) opportunities and expanding the use of electronic materials, such as podcasts, webinars, and online presentations.
- Integrating the above materials via SIRcloud (sircloud.sirweb.org), the SIR source for online educational materials.
- Maintaining SIR’s ability to provide CME and SA-CME credits from accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- Evaluating needs and implementing publishing strategies for traditional print textbooks.
The SIR Executive Council is the chief governing and policy-making body of SIR. The Executive Council is empowered to carry out the business of the Society and is responsible for fiduciary oversight. It is responsible for overseeing and transacting the business necessary to achieve SIR's goals and to fulfill its mission.