Applications for fellowship positions in Addiction Medicine, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry and Geriatrics are accepted, beginning July 15th each year. Psychiatry residents may apply directly to each of these programs. Because applications are reviewed as they are received, we strongly encourage early application.
For a fellowship applicant to receive full consideration, all of the following documents must be received:
- All application documents should be submitted through ERAS for the Child and Adolescent Fellowship Program
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry applicants should submit a properly completed Common Application for Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship
- Geriatric Psychiatry applicants should submit a properly completed VUMC and Affiliated Institutions Application for Training
- Evaluation Record of Previous Training Form completed and submitted by your current/previous Training Director
- Up-to-date CV
- Three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Department Training Office
- Copy of Dean’s letter
- Copy of medical school transcripts
- USMLE scores for Step 1, Step 2CK and Step 2CS. Step 3 scores will be required prior to entering the program but are not necessary at the time of application.
- COMLEX scores if applicable
- Copy of ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- All Fellowship applicants must also apply to the NRMP in order to participate in the specialty match
Interviews for the Addiction Medicine, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry and Geriatric Fellowship Programs may begin as early as August and may continue through March, depending on the specialty. Because Child & Adolescent participates in the Specialty Match Program, interviews begin in October and conclude in November, prior to the ranking deadline.
For questions about the Psychiatry Fellowship application process, please contact:
Elizabeth Wilson, Associate Program Manager
Department of Psychiatry
1601 23rd Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212-8645