Emergency Flight Request
|Physiologic Criteria||Emergency Numbers|
|Anatomic Criteria||Information Needed|
Emergency Contact Phone Numbers
For All Flight Requests, Please Call (800) 288-8111
Or call direct on a Vanderbilt LifeFlight Direct Access Telephone (Gold Telephone Direct Access Dial)
For All Other Business Functions with LifeFlight's Communications Center, Please Call (615) 322-5557
Referring facilities may request Critical Care Ground Transport by calling 1-866-803-4307.
- GCS < 13 (does not follow commands)
- S/S of shock (rapid HR; altered mental status; cool, clammy, pale skin, etc.) Remember, hypotension is a late sign of shock.
- Pediatric Trauma (may not see s/s of shock until late)
- Geriatric Trauma (also may not see s/s of shock until late)
- Airway compromise (actual or potential)
- Penetrating injuries to the torso
- Limb paralysis
- Limb amputation proximal to the wrist or ankle where bleeding cannot be controlled
- Trauma combined with burns of > 15%, particularly those involving the face or airway
LifeFlight may be placed on standby until the initial patient assessment shows that physiologic or anatomic criteria have been met.
Information we need
- Your agency name and callback number
- Location of the scene or landing zone
- Ground contact
- Radio frequency (prefer 155.205)
- Brief patient information (status of ABCs/mental status)
- Has any other Air Medical Service been requested for this flight?
- Number of patients
- Adult or pediatric?
- Extrication in progress?
- Approximate patient weight
- Neurologic and respiratory status