Microsoft Stream is an enterprise video service that allows you to upload, view, and share videos securely within VUMC. Microsoft Stream makes it easy to share comments on a video, tag time codes in comments and descriptions to refer to specific points in a video, and discuss with colleagues.
With Stream you can share:
- Training Sessions
- Presentations, etc.
Be aware of oversharing: Please be aware when sharing private or restricted videos and only include your intended audience. Stream videos cannot be shared externally.
VUMC Guiding Principles for Microsoft 365 Apps
- M365 applications, such as Stream, can facilitate teamwork in clinical and non-clinical areas across VUMC, including appropriately sharing restricted data (ex. PHI, PII, RHI)
- M365 applications should not be used for clinical care actions when these actions should correctly occur in eStar applications, such as Epic (ex. Patient Care Orders or Clinical Documentation)
- Users who create content, as well as have access to content, in M365 applications are fully responsible for the data stored and shared. All applicable VUMC data use policies must be followed
- Content sharing across M365 applications should be targeted to the intended audience and should not be shared through open (public) links
VUMC Terms of Service for Microsoft Stream
Stream is being provided to Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) with the expressed intent it will be used for VUMC business. Use of the Stream service indicates acceptance of the following terms:
- Stream is designed to facilitate internal communication and collaboration, not to be used as a storage repository.
- Access to Stream is restricted to VUMC Workforce Members.
- Access to data in the Stream Service will conform to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Electronic Communications and Information Technology Resources Policy and Computing Acceptable Use Policy.
VUMC’s training partner Percipio has two courses on Steam:
Microsoft Champions Community: A community comprised of individuals throughout VUMC who are either looking for or offering help in working more effectively using Microsoft's platform services like Stream. Link to the Team.
Microsoft Service Adoption: A Pegasus request for a consultation about Microsoft 365 features. This request is to assist with topics not covered by basic functionality training and how-to videos. Link to request.
Microsoft 365 Platform Enhancement or Integration Request: To request enabling of existing Microsoft 365 features not yet enabled within VUMC's Microsoft 365 platform please submit this request: Link to request.
Content shared on Microsoft Stream is stored within Microsoft’s cloud, which is subject to VUMC's Data Standards for cloud file storage.
A breakdown of permissions by data type is provided below:
For more information regarding VUMC confidentiality and PHI follow the links below: