The Occupational Health Clinic (OHC) offers services for minor acute illnesses (such as colds, sinus infections, ear infections, sore throat, rashes, and urinary tract infections) for all Vanderbilt employees. Employees can be seen for an appointment at the main Occupational Health Clinic in Suite 640 of the Medical Arts Building or at the Faculty/Staff Express Care.
If your medical problem is urgent in nature and you cannot get in to see your Primary Care Provider (PCP), then it would be best to go to the Emergency Room.
You can schedule a same day or next day acute appointment three different ways:
- Faculty/Staff Express Care: Self-scheduling kiosk located in the clinic lobby. If you chose to use the kiosk, there may be a wait depending on the number of people already signed in. You can select any available walk-in appointment from the kiosk. You may wait in the lobby, or return to work until your selected time. Only same day appointments are available at the kiosk.
- Main OHC Clinic: walk-in for first available appointment
- Online scheduling
- All Vanderbilt employees can use the Faculty/Staff Health & Wellness Information Portal (HWIP). Once you log in using your VUNetID and password, click "Schedule an Appointment" to get started. For an optimal scheduling experience, use a Chrome, Safari, or Firefox web browser when using HWIP.
- For Vanderbilt employees who have both a My Health at Vanderbilt account and a Vanderbilt health insurance plan, you can use the My Health at Vanderbilt patient portal to schedule with OHC. Once you log in, click "Schedule an Appointment" and get started.
- By calling 615-936-0955 and selecting option two for appointments.
**We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. If you are being seen in the Faculty/Staff Express Care please bring your employee ID to enter the clinic.
We do not charge employees for seeing the provider during these visits. However, any external services that we order (such as lab tests or X-rays) will be charged to your insurance.
This service is not a substitute for a Primary Care Provider (PCP). We encourage all Vanderbilt employees to have their own primary care provider to provide preventive and ongoing care. To find a Primary Care Provider, call 615-343-VUMD (8863), or sign up for My Health at Vanderbilt (MHAV) and request a PCP through the MHAV portal.
My Health At Vanderbilt will give you all of the instructions for signing up or accessing your medical record. This service also allows you to communicate electronically with your provider using secure messaging.
Keywords: sick, walk-in, triage