- Ingram Chair in Surgical Sciences
- John Clinton Foshee Distinguished Chair in Surgery
- William F. Meacham Chair in Neurological Surgery
- John L. Sawyers Chair in the Section of Surgical Sciences
- Paul W. Sanger Chair in Experimental Surgery
- William S. Stoney, Jr. Chair in Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery
- H. William Scott, Jr. Chair in Surgery
- Lester & Sara Jayne Williams Chair in Academic Surgery
Committed Endowed Chairs
- R. Benton Adkins, Jr. Chair in Surgery
- George W. Holcomb, Jr. Endowed Chair in Pediatric Surgery
- J. Lynwood Herrington Lectureship in General Surgery
- Barney Brooks Lectureship in Surgery
- L.W. Edwards Lectureship in Surgery
- Cully A. Cobb Lectureship in Neurosurgery
- George W. Holcomb, Jr. Lectureship in Pediatric Surgery
- Thuss Lectureship in Plastic Surgery
- Rollin A. Daniel, Jr. Lectureship in Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- Norman Shumway Lectureship in Transplantation
- W. Andrew Dale Lectureship in Vascular Surgery
- Robert S. McCleery Lectureship for Surgical Resident Education
- H. William Scott, Jr. Society Lecture in Surgical History
Department of Surgery Awards
The Alfred Blalock Surgical Resident Award
Established in 1988, recipients are selected for the most outstanding resident research publication at Vanderbilt University Integrated Hospitals.
The Joseph W. & Bonnie J. Graves Award in Surgery
Established in 1995, the award is granted annually in recognition of commitment, interest and effectiveness in the teaching of fellow residents.
The John L. Sawyers Award
Established in 1993, this award is granted for outstanding contributions to surgical education by a member of the surgical faculty at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
The Harwell Wilson Award for Surgical Excellence
This award was instituted to encourage excellence in surgery by recognizing the resident judged outstanding in dedication to patient care, research and teaching.