Margie is the executive support to Dr. Seth Karp, Chair of the Section of Surgical Sciences. She serves as the administrative lead over the Section executive office and is responsible for the overall office management. Margie plans and coordinates most major events/activities for the Section of Surgical Sciences. Some things Executive Support can assist with include:
- The process and flow of faculty appointments and promotions
- Coordinating meetings with Dr. Karp
- Assistance in processing visitors to the OR
D-4316 Medical Center North
Dr. Solórzano’s Dept. Chair office
Yvonne is the executive support to Dr. Kyla Terhune, Vice-Chair of Education and Director, Surgery Residency Program, and to the Executive Leadership of the Section. She provides supplemental support to the Section’s Education Office and is a resource for organization and assistance with special projects within the Section, like policy and procedure development, community service, diversity and retention.
Meagan Howard joined VUMC in June of 2018 and is the current Administrative Fellow with Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s Section of Surgical Sciences. Throughout her fellowship she will learn more about VUMC’s organizational structure and operations, as well as work with faculty and administration on collaborative project work. Meagan has a Bachelor in Biology from the University of Minnesota Duluth and a Masters in Health Administration from Texas A&M University. In her free time, she enjoys running, trying new foods, and going to a hockey, football, or baseball game.
- Alyssa Brake - Department of Surgery
- Chereta Brigman - Section of Surgical Sciences
- Cathy Carney - Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Brian Cruddas - Cardiac Surgery and Thoracic Surgery
- Coleman Harris - Neurosurgery and Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Chisty Nichols - Surgical Research
- Sallie Walker - Oral Surgery and Plastic Surgery