Today, the Department of Radiology is excited to announce the results of the 2020 National Resident Match Program (NRMP) Match. Both the Diagnostic Radiology (DR) and Integrated Interventional Radiology (IR) Residency programs filled, matching a total of nine residents.
The incoming class is comprised of six DR residents and three IR residents from eight medical schools and five states. They will join the department in July 2021 following the completion of their internship year.
“We could not be more excited about this outstanding class of future radiology residents,” said Cari Motuzas, MD, Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology and DR Residency Program Director.
“We are thrilled to announce Vanderbilt’s fifth matched Integrated IR residency class, and are greatly appreciative to all those who contributed to the recruitment season,” added Ryan Muller, MD, Assistant Professor of Radiology and IR Residency and Fellowship Program Director. “This year represented yet another incredibly competitive match for IR nationwide, and we are proud to welcome Rihin, Kyle and Joshua to the Vanderbilt IR family.”
The complete list of Match 2020 results is provided below:
- Heather Cole, University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Current Vanderbilt Radiology Nuclear Medicine resident
- Elizabeth England, Creighton University School of Medicine
- Anthony Micetich, University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine at Memphis
- Nelson Nwumeh, University of Illinois College of Medicine – Rockford
- Akwasi Opoku, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
- Arjun Patel, University of Central Florida College of Medicine
Integrated Interventional Radiology
- Rihin Chavda, Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Joshua Kogan, Chicago Medical School
- Kyle Maughan, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine