Innovation and Clinical Research
The Department of Radiology is committed to innovation and clinical research as a long-term strategic priority. We encourage creativity and entrepreneurship as a means of supporting our mission.
- Innovation Activists: Designing Health Care’s Future: A podcast series hosted by Dr. Reed Omary that addresses some of health care’s biggest challenges
- Catalyst Program: The Catalyst Program is designed to establish, promote and support collaborative research between our research and clinical faculty members. Three funding awards will be granted each year to teams with at least one VUIIS basic science faculty and one Radiology clinical faculty, and for newly created research projects without previous collaboration. All Radiology faculty are eligible to apply for a funding award through this program.
Publications and News
- Department Announces Vice Chair of Innovation and Clinical Research
- RadX Innovation Challenge Pitch Evolves into Global Health Nonprofit
- Arora Awarded RSNA Research Scholar Grant
- Three teams take top prizes at inaugural innovation challenge
- Bennett Landman leads team to prize in innovation challenge
- VU School of Medicine ramps-up The Radx incubator with 17 entrants in Innovation Challenge
- Radx Innovation Challenge: The Department of Radiology’s healthcare innovation and entrepreneurship challenge to create solutions to unmet needs in health care
- Innovation Seminar Series: A department sponsored seminar series focused on topics of innovation
- May 25, 2017: H. Benjamin Harvey, M.D., J.D., Radiology's Brave New World: Innovate or Perish
- Enterprise System Design Alliance: A partnership between the Department of Radiology and Vanderbilt's School of Engineering