Dates and Location
Friday, April 16 (PM only)- April 17, 2021 (AM only)
VIRTUAL FORMAT via Zoom
For any zoom questions day of and post event questions, please contact Homise Johnson at email@example.com or 615-936-0133.
Program Materials and Registration
To register for the VIRTUAL Pearls Allied Health Program CLICK HERE!
NOTE- There will be 2 zoom links (one for Friday and one for Saturday) upon registration
To view our brochure CLICK HERE
International Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (IJCAHPO) - 6.5 (Group A)
American Orthoptic Council (AOC) Core: 1.0 Non-core: 5.5
Ophthalmic Photographers’ Society (OPS) 1:1 credits: 3 1:2 credits: 2
Tennessee Nursing Association continuing nursing education (TNA-CNE) 6.5
Claiming Your Credit
Homise Johnson will be contacting you in regards to your credit/certificates after the event.
Please be sure if you are not presenting, your microphone is on MUTE.
Please be mindful of disctracting backgrounds.
Please display your first and last name.
Setting yourself up for success in your video:
- Please be sure to display your first and last name
- Appropriate attire & environment is required
- Have a plain background –avoid backlight from bright windows
- Have good lighting on your face so you can be seen clearly
- Adjust your camera to be at around eye level if possible –especially take note of the angle of your laptop screen if using the built-in camera.
- Setting yourself up for success in your audio:
- Find a quiet space without interruptions/background noise
- Mute your microphone when not talking
- Try to avoid talking over/at the same time as other participants
- Please note - You cannot join the meeting while operating a motor vehicle
Technicians work very closely with their physicians. Their initial workups and ancillary testing are paramount in good patient care. The program will highlight the different disciplines in ophthalmology, Retina, Glaucoma, Neuro, Cornea, Plastics and Strabismus. The technician will describe the necessary workups and the physicians will expand on how they use these tests to make decisions on the management of their patients. The participants will also be introduced to the scientific research that is being done at Vanderbilt Eye Institute. The resident physicians will discuss some interesting and difficult case presentations.
Lacy Ortiz @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-936-0044
Homise Johnson @ email@example.com or 615-936-0133