Celebrate health and wellness this holiday season with Health Plus Hold the Stuffing! Choose from 2 options (or choose both) depending on your health and wellness goals. With both options you could win PRIZES!
Option One - Weight Maintenance during the Holidays
How it Works: Submit an initial weigh-in prior to Thanksgiving (November 10th-24th). Participants will also receive a Wellness Bingo Card to celebrate good health during the holidays (see Option Two below)! After the New Year, submit a final weigh-in (January 3rd-19th). The deadline to submit the final weigh-in has been extended to January 19 due to inclement weather and resulting changes to in-person weigh-in dates.
Earn Rewards: Maintain your weight (gain no more than 2 pounds) to be entered into a prize drawing. 2 Grand prize winners and 20 Runner-up prize winners will be chosen from those who meet the program goal.
Prize Drawing: Those who meet the goal will be entered into a prize drawing:
2 Grand Prize winners will receive an Amazon eGift card for $150
20 Runner-up winners will receive an Amazon eGift card for $25
How to submit your weigh-ins:
Self Report: If you have access to a scale, you can securely submit your weight with Redcap.
In person: Visit one of our in-person locations listed below, dates and times are subject to change.
- Jan 4 Light Hall North Lobby: 11am-1pm
- Jan 5 Health Plus, Vanderbilt Recreation & Wellness Center room 127: 8am-12pm (Make a weigh-in appointment at Health Plus for a different day or time here)
- Jan 6 One Hundred Oaks room 26102: 11am-1pm Postponed to Jan 18 due to inclement weather.
- Jan 7 MCJCHV, Children’s Theater, Room 2104, 9-11am **Location changed due to inclement weather policy Postponed to Jan 18 due to inclement weather.
- Jan 11 One Hundred Oaks room 26119: 11am-1pm
- Jan 12 Law School, Bartholomew room: 9:30-10:30am Cancelled due to changes in return to work guidelines
- Jan 12 MCJCHV, Children’s Theater: 2-4pm
- Jan 13 Nursing School, Living Room: 8-9:50am Postponed to Jan 19
- Jan 13 Light Hall North Lobby: 11am-1pm
- Jan 14 Health Plus, Vanderbilt Recreation & Wellness Center room 127: 8am-12pm (Make a weigh-in appointment at Health Plus for a different day or time here)
- Jan 17 Health Plus, Vanderbilt Recreation & Wellness Center room 127: 2-4pm (Make a weigh-in appointment at Health Plus for a different day or time here)
- Jan 18 MCJCHV, Wadlington Conference Room: 9-11am
- Jan 18 One Hundred Oaks, Room 26119: 11am-1pm
- Jan 19 Nursing School, Living Room: 8-9:50am Cancelled due to changes in return to work guidelines
- Jan 19 Light Hall North Lobby: 11am-1pm
Hold the Stuffing Comes to You: Contact Health Plus to schedule a weigh-in for your department. Vanderbilt locations with a weight scale can receive a Hold the Stuffing toolkit for your department to stay connected to the fun. For more information email Health Plus at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-343-8943.
Weigh with Higi: Use a weight measurement taken at any Higi station (on or off campus) to weigh in for Hold the Stuffing! Just follow these 3 steps:
- Log in to the Health & Wellness Information Portal to connect your Higi account
- Click on "Connect to Higi"
- Follow instructions to allow Higi to send Health Plus your weight and blood pressure. If you are a new Higi user, you will need to create a Higi account.
- Weigh in at a Higi station between November 10th-24th and again January 3rd-14th. Higi stations on campus located inside Courtyard Café and Sarratt Student Center.
- Confirm you want your Higi weight measurements included Hold the Stuffing.
Hold the Stuffing is a program designed to support you in maintaining weight over the holiday season. According to the CDC, excess weight is correlated with increased disease risk.
Option Two - Play Health Plus Wellness Bingo over the Holidays
Engage in daily healthy activities over the Holidays! Participants will track their healthy activities on a BINGO card by crossing out squares for each activity completed for a chance to earn prizes. Play by yourself, or engage with co-workers, family, and friends to stay healthy over the holidays!
Register and download your Health Plus Wellness Bingo card to join the fun!
How to Play:
- Choose between 24 activities to improve health and wellness over the holiday season
- Type an “X” on the line of each activity completed
- The Health Plus logo in the center is a free activity square
- Follow the links provided for activities to complete when applicable
- Remember to save your progress after each activity completed
How to win:
- Complete 5 in-a-row for BINGO to gain 1 prize drawing entry, and/or
- Complete 15 out of 25 activity squares total to gain 1 prize drawing entry
- Up to 2 prize drawing entries can be earned
- Attach and email completed card to email@example.com
- Deadline to submit is January 14
- 25 winners drawn will receive an Amazon eGift Card!
- Only faculty, staff, and postdocs at VU and VUMC are eligible to win