The Safe Patient Handling/Smooth Moves Champion Class is designed to promote safe patient handling using lifting equipment and patient handling aids available in patient care areas. Each department has selected champions who serve as consultants to their coworkers and use their skill to provide ongoing training to the unit staff. Champions attend a 4-hour class to become experts at safe patient handling.
Vanderbilt recognizes the professionalism of our bedside caregivers and their eagerness to continue to learn. Occupational Health teamed with the Department of Nursing Education and Professional Development and now offers 4.0 Contact Hours for our Safe Patient Handling/Smooth Moves Champion Class.
To register for a Safe Patient Handling/Smooth Moves Champion class, please register on the Learning Exchange. Once signed into the Learning Exchange, search for "Safe Patient Handling Champion" to complete your registration. The 2019 schedule for courses is listed below.
- January 24, 2019 - Thursday 08:00 – 12:00pm
- March 27, 2019 - Wednesday 8:00 – 12:00pm
- April 26, 2019 - Friday 8:00-12:00pm
- May 28, 2019 - Wednesday 8:00-12:00pm
- June 28, 2019 - Friday 8:00-12:00pm
- August 21, 2019 - Wednesday 8am – 12pm
- September 18, 2019 - Wednesday 8:00 – 12:00pm
- October 29, 2019 - Tuesday 8:00-12:00pm
- November 26, 2019 - Tuesday 8:00 – 12:00pm
- December 19, 2019 - Thursday 8:00-12:00pm
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Nursing Education and Professional Development are approved providers of continuing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Commission on Accreditation.
Learn more about Safe Patient Handling/Smooth Moves Champions:
List of Unit Champions (Requires VUNet ID login. Please use Ctrl+F to find your unit.)