Join with Vanderbilt to:
- Know the facts
- Celebrate survivorship and honor and remember loved ones
- Raise awareness about steps to reduce the risk of getting breast cancer – including having an early detection plan
Know the Facts:
- Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast.
- Breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer in American women.
- Regular breast check-ups are the best ways to detect breast cancer early. Early detection provides you with an increased chance of recovery and a wider range of treatment options.
Learn more about breast check-up information from Vanderbilt Breast Center.
View the American Cancer Society Guidelines for Early Detection of Breast Cancer.
- Think Pink! Breast Cancer Awareness Expo
Wednesday, October 2, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Light Hall, North Lobby
Visit the Expo to learn about prevention, screenings, and more.
- Wear Pink
Wednesday, October 2
Wear pink to show your support and raise awareness. Dress yourself, your family, or your pets in pink and share your photos with the Vanderbilt Community.
- Breast Center Awareness at VU Benefits Open House
- Wednesday, October 23, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Baker Building, 10th Floor
- Learn about Breast Cancer screening and arrrange to schedule a mammogram. First 50 employees to visit the table during this time receive a Think Pink! t-shirt.
Share Your Photos with Us:
- Send to our Twitter account @WellVanderbilt using #wearpinkVU or #wearpinkVUMC
- Email email@example.com with the subject line:
University Departments use "VU Goes Pink"
Vanderbilt University Medical Center Departments use "VUMC Goes Pink."
Vanderbilt Breast Center
Breast Cancer (National Cancer Institute)
National Breast Cancer Foundation
American Cancer Society: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer