How to Apply
Our Fellowship in Urologic Oncology includes the following requirements:
- All programs must be at least 24 months in duration.
- The clinical portion must be a minimum of 12 months in duration.
- The research portion must be a minimum of 12 months in duration.
- The trainee may start either in the clinical or research rotation.
License and Visa Details
- All applicants for our non-ACGME accredited fellowships (Endourology and Urologic Oncology) must be able to obtain a full medical license in the state of Tennessee.
- The VUMC Department of Urology will not sponsor H1-B or O-1 visa applications for fellows/clinical instructors.
Application and Interview Process
If you are interested in our Fellowship in Urologic Oncology, please apply at least 19 months before you complete your residency, or by January 1 of the year preceding the chief residency year.
Before applying for the fellowship, you must have taken or be registered to take the qualifying portion (Part I) of the American Board of Urology (ABU) exam or be board certified by the ABU. Medical Center and Department policies require a U.S. medical license to move forward in the selection process.
You must formally register for the Match on the Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO) website. After you register, you will receive an assigned number via email from the American Urological Association (AUA). This number will be essential when the match results are announced.
Download the Fellowship Match Application PDF from the Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO) website. Complete the application and forward it to us, along with your other materials.
To apply, please send:
- A copy of your CV
- Personal statement
- Three letters of reference, including:
- A letter of support from your program director
- A letter from a faculty member recommending you for the fellowship and attesting to your successful completion of the urology training program
Our fellowship interviews take place at Vanderbilt on a date to be distributed to those who proceed after initial screening is completed. The Preference List Phase usually begins in May, when applicants and our program submit their Rank and Preference Lists. The SUO provides specific instructions.
Please refer to the SUO website for the Match List Submission Deadline and announcement of Match Results.