Urology News and Events
The Department of Urology faculty is active in our community, working as mentors, clinicians, and researchers. They regularly make news within the world of urology and lead changes that improve health care delivery for patients around the globe.
Our team commits to sharing these findings with the broader health care community to ensure better health outcomes for all.
A year in the life of the Department of Urology is marked by numerous educational and scientific events. These programs are often open to alumni, the Vanderbilt community and Nashville health care professionals.
The academic calendar for the Department of Urology is robust and varied. Learn more about the specific events by month.
- Grand Rounds - Residents, fellows, and visiting medical professionals learn about current adult and pediatric cases from the Department of Urology faculty.
- Conferences - Faculty, residents, and fellows meet regularly to discuss specific cases and their solutions.
- Journal Club - Journal Club meets quarterly. Current and pertinent journal articles are discussed.
- Society of Urologic Oncology meetings - Vanderbilt's SUO members meet to discuss the latest issues and advances in urologic cancer.
Faculty and alumni of the Department of Urology at Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center make up the Vanderbilt Urologic Society. The Society keeps members up-to-date on new developments in the field of urology.
- Vanderbilt Urologic Society annual meeting. This two-day event includes the Rhamy-Shelley Lecture and many other meetings.
- Rhamy-Shelley Lecture. This annual lecture is one of the most prestigious visiting professorships in the country and a signature Vanderbilt event. A different national or international expert is invited each year to educate Vanderbilt Urologic Society members about some aspect of urology.
Learn more about our alumni programs
Our clinicians and researchers are eager to share their urologic insights and expert opinions with local and national audiences.
If you'd like to speak with a Department of Urology faculty member, please contact our Media Relations Team to schedule an interview.
Urology faculty and fellows can address topics including:
- Robotic surgery
- Urologic oncology/prostate cancer
- Urology research
- Medical device engineering
- Use of antibiotics
- Health delivery
- Health policy