When you enroll as a medical student, resident, or fellow at the Department of Urology, you become part of our supportive and collaborative family. In our challenging and comprehensive program, you experience:
- Diverse training in the medical and surgical management of urologic diseases
- Active participation in clinical, basic, and advanced research
- Learning and working with our nationally and internationally recognized faculty
- Opportunity for publishing your research
- Preparation to become a technically proficient surgeon with a deep understanding of nonsurgical aspects of urology
- Global health initiatives through international missions including opportunities in Africa and India
- Patient care and management in the clinic and outpatient settings
Opportunities include a wide range of experiences, such as:
- Medical students explore urology through sub-internships and electives.
- Residents complete a five-year program, learning all aspects of medical and surgical urology care and participating in clinical and basic research projects.
- Fellows train to become experts in their chosen area of expertise and pursue advanced research.
Our graduates go on to be leaders in the field of urology in private practices, academic settings, and research. At Vanderbilt, we definitely work hard. We also have fun and enjoy all that Nashville has to offer while helping the community.