When you join the Department of Urology as a medical student, resident, or fellow, you become a valued member of our supportive and collaborative family. In our challenging and comprehensive program, you can expect:
- Robust training in the medical and surgical management of urologic diseases in the clinic and outpatient settings
- Education from nationally and internationally recognized faculty
- Thorough preparation to become a technically proficient surgeon with a deep understanding of nonsurgical aspects of urology
- Active participation in cutting edge basic, translational, and outcomes research
- Support to publish your research
- Opportunity to pursue global health initiatives through international missions including opportunities in Africa and India
We offer a wide range of experiences, such as:
- Medical students explore urology through sub-internships and electives.
- Residents complete a five-year program, learning all aspects of medical and surgical urology care and participating in a variety research projects.
- Fellows train to become experts in their chosen area of expertise and pursue advanced research.
Our graduates become leaders in the field of urology in private practices, academics, and research. At Vanderbilt University Medical Center, we work hard to provide the best patient care while having fun and enjoying all that Nashville offers.