Reconstructive Urology and Pelvic Health
The Division of Reconstructive Urology and Pelvic Health at VUMC is dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for individuals with genitourinary and pelvic conditions through patient care, research, education, and service. We strive to achieve this with compassion, professionalism, and leadership.
Our mission is to:
- Provide superior clinical care through a holistic, multidisciplinary, and personalized patient approach
- Develop and pursue innovative research endeavors that advance and improve genitourinary and pelvic health
- Educate healthcare professionals to be leaders and experts in genitourinary and pelvic health
- Provide service to the community, organized medicine and urology through clinical, research and administrative leadership efforts
Our providers are nationally and internationally recognized for leading-edge clinical care, teaching, and research. As part of a team based approach, we work closely with our colleagues in gynecology, colorectal surgery, gastroenterology, neurology and psychology to provide the most comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for our patients and training and research opportunities for our urology residents and fellows. The large volume of complex cases we handle means our residents and fellows experience hands-on learning with a wide range of patients and conditions.
Our providers have specialty training in:
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS)
- Genitourinary Reconstruction (GURS)
PATIENT CARE EXCELLENCE
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a national and regional referral center for patients with complex reconstructive urology and pelvic conditions. Our team cares for individuals (and their families) from Tennessee, the Southeast, and across the U.S. We believe in a team-based approach to patient care in which our physicians, APPs, nurses, clinical staff, and trainees all strive to provide superior care through a holistic, multidisciplinary, and personalized patient approach.
Our providers see patients at multiple locations, including the Vanderbilt Reconstructive Urology and Pelvic Health Center at Cool Springs and the Vanderbilt Urology Clinic in Nashville, where they focus on:
- Urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic floor disorders (including pelvic organ prolapse)
- Neurologic lower urinary tract dysfunction (including neurogenic bladder and neurourology)
- Lower urinary tract reconstruction (including fistula and diverticula)
- Urethral stricture disease
- Erectile dysfunction
- Voiding dysfunction
- Interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome
- Male genitourinary reconstruction
When necessary, we collaborate with clinical care providers in gynecology, clinical psychology, neurology and physical therapy to provide multidisciplinary care for patients with complex conditions.