Michael D. Holzman, MD, MPH, FACS
Dr. Holzman is a member of the Cell Transplant Society, the H. William Scott, Jr. Society, the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract. He is an associate fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Within Vanderbilt University Medical Center he serves on the Graduate Medical Education Committee and the Laparoscopy Subcommittee/Value Analysis Committee. Dr. Holzman was board certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery.
Dr. Holzman has published 31 articles, 8 book chapters, and 5 videos. In addition, he has presented numerous posters at scientific conferences and has been an invited lecturer on the use of laparoscopy for palliation of periampullary malignancies, toupet fundoplication, highly selective vagotomy, and splenectomy. Some of his abstracts are online at PubMed.
- Doctor of Medicine - Wake Forest University
- Internship - Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Residency - Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Fellowship - Duke University Health System
- Master of Public Health - Vanderbilt University