John (Kelly) Wright, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Wrights clinical interests include transplantation of the liver, kidney and pancreas and treatment of benign and malignant disorders of the gastrointestinal system, including primary and metastatic liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, bile duct and gall bladder cancers, and treatment of portal hypertension.
Dr. Wright was recruited to Vanderbilt in 1990 to help start the Liver Transplant Program and continues as its Surgical Director. Dr. Wright is committed to quality, evidence-based, compassionate care of his patients, and exemplary mentorship to residents and medical students.
Patient Care Emphasis
- Liver Transplantation
- Surgery for Portal Hypertension
- Treatment of Bile Duct Diseases
- Treatment of Malignant and Benign Liver Tumors
- Treatment of Pancreatic Diseases
- 1977 B.S. (Physics) Vanderbilt University
- 1981 M.D. Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- 1981-1984, Residency in Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 1984-1986, Robert R. Linton Research Fellowship in Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 1986-1988, Residency in Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 1988-1989, Chief, West Surgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 1989-1990, Clinical Fellowship in Transplantation Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Wrights CV is available in PDF format for information about his research, publications and presentations.
Contact Information for Dr. Kelly Wright:
Phone: (615) 936-0438 or (615) 936-0420
Fax: (615) 936-0435
Division of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
801 Oxford House
1313 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-4753
Medical Appointment Address:
The Vanderbilt Clinic building
1301 Medical Center Drive
General Surgery Clinic: Suite 3501, Third Floor
Nashville, TN 37232
Free Valet Parking in front of The Vanderbilt Clinic building entrance