Administrative Officer - Personnel
D-4208 Medical Center North
Chereta is the Section of Surgical Sciences Director of Human Resources. Chereta assists faculty and staff with all personnel matters including staff recruitment, payroll, systems access, PTO, and Kronos time keeping. She works closely with the human resource business partner with coordinating staff position approvals, staff promotions, and salary equity reviews. Other things Chereta assists with:
- Staff and Faculty changes: ePAC Job or Position change approvals and questions
- Staff Positions: reviews SOM Position Approval forms, assist with Talent Central position postings, obtaining new position numbers
- Decentralized Administrator for Privilege Management: administer numerous user privileges across a wide variety of applications by adding, modifying, or deleting employee privilege assignments.
For general Vanderbilt University Medical Center Human Resource policy and procedures, please visit:
Staff Recruitment - SOM Guidelines & Approval Forms
- School of Medicine Position Approval Request form
- School of Medicine Position Approval Request Guidelines
The Section of Surgical Sciences Credo Award
This Section Credo Award is given quarterly and was designed to celebrate and honor outstanding staff members who have demonstrated VUMC standards and all-around Credo behaviors. Nominate your coworkers and colleagues you feel deserve recognition. You may keep submitting and updating multiple times.
If possible, try to provide verbiage and/or specific example which speaks to each of the 6 credo behaviors (highest priority, professional, etc.) Nominations that provide specific examples and have more information typically receive higher consideration. The Committee also suggests you to work with a (or several) faculty member(s) to help support the nomination with a reference/nomination letter(s), when possible.