"Helping children FACE the world through a team approach"
The Cleft and Craniofacial Program at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt has served patients and families for over 30 years. Our program has been a regional & national leader in personalized, ‘pre-natal to prom’ care of children born with facial differences. As the highest performing center for cleft related surgeries in the state, our highly trained surgeons, specialists and staff are dedicated to providing quality care and outcomes for cleft lip and palate patients. Michael Golinko, MD is medical director of the Pediatric Cleft and Craniofacial Program, serving alongside Cleft Team co-director, James Phillips, MD, Assistant Professor.
The Cleft and Craniofacial team includes and works closely with VUMC campus wide multi-disciplinary teams that includes highly trained surgeons, specialists and staff that are dedicated to providing quality care and positive patient outcomes. We collaborate and work with:
• Audiology • Dentistry • ENT • Feeding • Genetics • Neurosurgery • Nutrition • Ophthalmology • Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery • Orthodontics • Plastic Surgery • Psychology • Social Work • Speech.
Our Team - compassion and caring
We have a unique team of specialists who personally help families and patients navigate your experience. Welcoming faces guide you through your clinic visits and potential surgeries. Clare Gargaro, PA-C, MHSA is our program physician assistant who assesses the clinical and medical needs of the patients. Jennifer Tilton is our program coordinator who helps to ensure all visits and surgeries are well-coordinated. Families who request to see before and after photos can email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patient stories in the News
• Judah's story of transformation through NAM & Cleft surgery
• Colton's Craniosynostios surgery and his team
• Judah's transformation in story and pictures
• Improving outcomes through sharing results
• Abnornal shape of baby's head
• Program helps children with hand, upper extremity issues
• Father, son benefit from jaw reconstruction guided by 3D virtual planning
American Cleft Palate Education Resources