You can play an important role in growing the culture of wellness at VUMC! Wellness Champions (formerly Wellness Commodores) lead by example through their enthusiastic commitment to wellness, and act as the liaison between Health Plus and your department.
- Act as a role model for wellness
- Be knowledgeable about the programs from Health Plus.
- Be enthusiastic about the Go for the Gold Wellness Incentive Program.
- Grow the culture of wellness within your VUMC space
- Consider creating wellness initiatives within your department such as lunch-time walks, mindfulness breaks, hosting a Know Your Numbers event, friendly inter-departmental competitions, email newsletters, and more!
- Communicate to fellow employees in your area about Health Plus programs and services.
- Consider leading a team within the Wellness League to participate in monthly challenges and initiatives throughout the year.
- Complete application to become a Wellness Champion.
- Complete initial orientation via Microsoft Teams with the Wellness Champion program coordinator.
- Act as the liaison between Health Plus and your department to disperse information about programs, special events, and challenges offered by Health Plus.
- Quarterly meetings will be available to connect with fellow Wellness Champions and provide feedback on your department's needs to Health Plus. These meetings will be recorded if you cannot attend.
- Encourage employees within the department to complete Go for the Gold through Step 3 annually.
The Wellness Champions program is voluntary, and the time commitment is minimal and may vary depending on initiatives each Champion chooses to conduct within their departments. Health Plus is always available as a resource to support your efforts!